Re: [PanoToolsNG] Workflow for publishing panos

  • Thomas Krueger
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 2, 2008
      Publishing panos on the web I use Flash panos with the SWFObject script
      inside a lightbox (Shadowbox JS). The conversion of the equirectangular pano
      is done with Pano2VR to a single swf file.

      If somebody hasn't Flash 9 installed, the script SWFObject provides an
      automatic installation. With the script you can also point to an alternative
      content if there is no Flash plugin at the visitors computer installed.
      Pointing the alternative content to the script detectvr you should cover the
      needs of all visitors viewing the panorama with one of the currently
      available viewers.

      For geolocated panos I'd like to test the CMS PanoMap Panoramic Picture
      Management System http://www.panomap.cn/en www.panomap.cn/en - but it
      needs a windows hosting with ASP and MSSQL.

      Thomas
    • Jim Watters
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 2, 2008
        Wow Fiero! It was in Feb when Mark asked this question. I had to check
        his site to make sure he didn't update it in the mean time.

        I do find this valuable information. I have been wanting to up date my
        own site for a long time too. And I just ordered a SpaceNavigator from
        3DConnexion so I better be able to display using DevalVR.

        --
        Jim Watters

        Yahoo ID: j1vvy ymsgr:sendIM?j1vvy
        jwatters @ photocreations . ca
        http://photocreations.ca
      • fierodeval
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 3, 2008
          wow! I would have sworn that I saw "Sep 12, 2008" in the date of
          Mark's post, but now I see "Feb 12, 2008". Oh my god! I can not rely
          on my tired eyes... :-O