Re: helping the IE6 crowd upgrade

  • Ronald
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2008
      I feel your pain Jeffry ;-)
      I just started scratching the surface of css, and already having
      sleeping problems.
      Btw, I just came across http://browsershots.org/ It's a site that
      provides screenshots of your site in almost every OS/browser flavour.
      Might come in handy. It does have a daily limit though..

      Regards,
      Ronald

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey Martin" <360cities@...>
      wrote:

      > I've thought instead to have a friendly popup appear on our web page for
      > people who view the page in IE6. Something like:
      >
      > "This website has been built using state-of-the-art techniques, some of
      > which might perform slowly on the browser you are using. If you are
      > interested in seeing all of your web pages
      > load faster and perform better, we recommend that you install firefox,
      > opera, or chrome. (If you are a corporate user who does not have
      permission
      > to install software, it should be possible to install Chrome)"
      >
      > I'm only half joking here. The truth of the matter really is that
      IE6 users