Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Papervision 3D

  • Ken Warner
    Message 1 of 33 , Oct 1, 2008
      > Define slower computers.

      uhhh... How about a Win2K; 800mg PIII; 512meg mem. I think
      that's slow.

      In the middle, it was responsive. But it slowed down to the point of
      stopping on the "backside" of the pano and WTF are those green lines
      for?The quality wasn't much different than other Flash panos. But
      the interface SUUUCKED!

      Hans Nyberg wrote:
      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "sphereworks" <sphereworkspete@...> wrote:
      >
      >>I see... A Flash designer I know still isn't to keen on using our
      >>images because of performance problems on slower computers. Personaly
      >>I'm more than happy with the performance of the Flash panos I produce
      >>with Pano2VR - I can't see any wavy lines or shimmering with it.
      >

      > Define slower computers.
      >
      > My standard work station is a Mac dual core 2.0 G5 from 2003.
      >
      > I use a a 23" cinema and a 32" LCD TV as second monitor-
      > I look at digital TV with Eye TV at the same time as I look at panoramas.
      > EyeTV uses 40% CPU Safari 60 -100
      > The panoramas I publish at panoramas.dk with FPP are smoother than the QTVR versions
      > and there is minimal wavy lines.
      >
      > The Papervision you linked to is however impossible to navigate also on my newer
      > MacBook Pro both in OSX and Windows.
      >
      > Hans

    • AYRTON
      Message 33 of 33 , Oct 3, 2008
        On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 2:07 PM, Hans Nyberg <hans@...> wrote:

        > > I could see the cubes still loaded behind the cyls for example.
        >
        > Same here
        > Mac dual Core 2.0 G5 8 GB Ram OS 10.4.11 Safari
        >
        > 1st only BlackandWhite ? Intentional or a preview?
        > at No 3 it started to get very unresposible.
        > 4 Did not load. Just a blink of it.
        > 5 the QTVR Totally freezing after loaded. Jumped around a couple of times
        > by it self.

        Patrick, Hans, Sacha ....

        Here
        ALL is PERFECT
        no problem at all
        I've tried different times and different ways, and all worked fine !

        intel 2.33 ghz
        Core 2 Duo
        OS X 10.4.11
        QT 7.5.5