Re: Papervision 3D

  • sphereworks
    Message 1 of 33 , Oct 1, 2008
      I see... A Flash designer I know still isn't to keen on using our
      images because of performance problems on slower computers. Personaly
      I'm more than happy with the performance of the Flash panos I produce
      with Pano2VR - I can't see any wavy lines or shimmering with it.

      Pete
      www.sphereworks.co.uk

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Philipp B. Koch" <pk@...> wrote:

      > sphereworks schrieb:
      > > Yes I have distortions to... but is the performance any better?
      > Not for me , since both Flash panos and Papervision panos run usually
      > completely smooth on my machine.
      > Maybe it would be visible with a high quality setting. AFAIK
      Papervision
      > uses hardware-acceleration while
      > Flash 9 doesn't. But since Flash 10 which is already beta offers
      that,
      > too, I see no reason why this quality
      > discussion (also regarding "wavy lines" and "shimmering") shouldn't
      be
      > obsolete soon.
      >
      > Regards, Philipp Koch

    • AYRTON
      Message 33 of 33 , Oct 3, 2008
        On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 2:07 PM, Hans Nyberg <hans@...> wrote:

        > > I could see the cubes still loaded behind the cyls for example.
        >
        > Same here
        > Mac dual Core 2.0 G5 8 GB Ram OS 10.4.11 Safari
        >
        > 1st only BlackandWhite ? Intentional or a preview?
        > at No 3 it started to get very unresposible.
        > 4 Did not load. Just a blink of it.
        > 5 the QTVR Totally freezing after loaded. Jumped around a couple of times
        > by it self.

        Patrick, Hans, Sacha ....

        Here
        ALL is PERFECT
        no problem at all
        I've tried different times and different ways, and all worked fine !

        intel 2.33 ghz
        Core 2 Duo
        OS X 10.4.11
        QT 7.5.5