Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: converting fisheye to rectilinear

  • paul womack
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2008
      John Houghton wrote:
      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, deepika choudary <deepika_gc@...>
      > wrote:
      >> Can anyone help me with the method or code for converting fisheye
      > image to rectilinear image.
      >
      > There are several ways to do this, as a Google search for defish will
      > show. The most appropriate method would depend on your particular
      > requirements and camera/lens combination, and whether you want a PC or
      > Mac solution. Is it something you want to do on a regular basis or a
      > one-off, and is it in connection with stitching (for nadir patching,
      > say) or just general photography purposes?
      >
      > PTGui or Hugin can be used, or the Panorama Tools Photoshop plugins
      > PTAdjust or PTRemap. Then there may be other options such as LensFix
      > LensDoc and PTLens.

      Add:

      http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/dxo/optics-pro.htm

      RAVE review.

      BugBear
    • deepika choudary
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2008
        I want to do it on a regular basis  and in connection to stitching , so i want the method or source code for this.
        >> Can anyone help me with the method or code for converting fisheye
        > image to rectilinear image.
        >
        > There are several ways to do this, as a Google search for defish will
        > show. The most appropriate method would depend on your particular
        > requirements and camera/lens combination, and whether you want a PC or
        > Mac solution. Is it something you want to do on a regular basis or a
        > one-off, and is it in connection with stitching (for nadir patching,
        > say) or just general photography purposes?
        >
        > PTGui or Hugin can be used, or the Panorama Tools Photoshop plugins
        > PTAdjust or PTRemap. Then there may be other options such as LensFix
        > LensDoc and PTLens.

        Add:

        http://www.kenrockw ell.com/tech/ dxo/optics- pro.htm

        RAVE review.

        BugBear

      • Terry Thrift
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 1, 2008
          If the Panotools library license (Gnu lesser?) is a type that is
          useable to you,
          Isn't the source code for clens (PTLens) available as a part of that
          library?

          -Terry Thrift-