Re: converting fisheye to rectilinear

  • John Houghton
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 30, 2008
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, deepika choudary <deepika_gc@...>
      wrote:

      > Can anyone help me with the method or code for converting fisheye
      image to rectilinear image.

      There are several ways to do this, as a Google search for defish will
      show. The most appropriate method would depend on your particular
      requirements and camera/lens combination, and whether you want a PC or
      Mac solution. Is it something you want to do on a regular basis or a
      one-off, and is it in connection with stitching (for nadir patching,
      say) or just general photography purposes?

      PTGui or Hugin can be used, or the Panorama Tools Photoshop plugins
      PTAdjust or PTRemap. Then there may be other options such as LensFix
      LensDoc and PTLens.

      John
    • paul womack
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2008
        John Houghton wrote:
        > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, deepika choudary <deepika_gc@...>
        > wrote:
        >> Can anyone help me with the method or code for converting fisheye
        > image to rectilinear image.
        >
        > There are several ways to do this, as a Google search for defish will
        > show. The most appropriate method would depend on your particular
        > requirements and camera/lens combination, and whether you want a PC or
        > Mac solution. Is it something you want to do on a regular basis or a
        > one-off, and is it in connection with stitching (for nadir patching,
        > say) or just general photography purposes?
        >
        > PTGui or Hugin can be used, or the Panorama Tools Photoshop plugins
        > PTAdjust or PTRemap. Then there may be other options such as LensFix
        > LensDoc and PTLens.

        Add:

        http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/dxo/optics-pro.htm

        RAVE review.

        BugBear
      • deepika choudary
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 1, 2008
          I want to do it on a regular basis  and in connection to stitching , so i want the method or source code for this.
          >> Can anyone help me with the method or code for converting fisheye
          > image to rectilinear image.
          >
          > There are several ways to do this, as a Google search for defish will
          > show. The most appropriate method would depend on your particular
          > requirements and camera/lens combination, and whether you want a PC or
          > Mac solution. Is it something you want to do on a regular basis or a
          > one-off, and is it in connection with stitching (for nadir patching,
          > say) or just general photography purposes?
          >
          > PTGui or Hugin can be used, or the Panorama Tools Photoshop plugins
          > PTAdjust or PTRemap. Then there may be other options such as LensFix
          > LensDoc and PTLens.

          Add:

          http://www.kenrockw ell.com/tech/ dxo/optics- pro.htm

          RAVE review.

          BugBear

        • Terry Thrift
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 1, 2008
            If the Panotools library license (Gnu lesser?) is a type that is
            useable to you,
            Isn't the source code for clens (PTLens) available as a part of that
            library?

            -Terry Thrift-