Obama pano II

  • Tom Lassiter
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2008
      First, thanks for the compliments.

      I've stitched another pano from Saturday's Obama-Biden campaign stop
      in Greensboro, NC. Same URL for both:
      http://www.lassiter.com/vr/obama.html.

      The earlier pano was stitched after the speeches and after many
      people some distance from the stage had left, not realizing Obama was
      shaking hands up front.

      The latest pano was shot at the start of the rally. I couldn't see
      the faces around me as I was shooting, but their expressions convey
      the excitement in the air. This one took a little more work with
      Photoshop layers; the crowd was packed tight but in motion. I had to
      surgically reattach one hand holding a camera.

      Saturday's rally took place about three blocks from the old
      Woolworth's store, where one of the more famous civil rights sit-ins
      took place on Feb. 1, 1960 (http://www.sitins.com). I grew up in the
      segregated South, and to be in that crowd Saturday was not only
      exhilarating, but moving.

      Tom Lassiter