converting fisheye to rectilinear

  • deepika choudary
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 30, 2008
      hi,

      Can anyone help me with the method or code for converting fisheye image to rectilinear image.

    • John Houghton
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 30, 2008
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, deepika choudary <deepika_gc@...>
        wrote:

        > Can anyone help me with the method or code for converting fisheye
        image to rectilinear image.

        There are several ways to do this, as a Google search for defish will
        show. The most appropriate method would depend on your particular
        requirements and camera/lens combination, and whether you want a PC or
        Mac solution. Is it something you want to do on a regular basis or a
        one-off, and is it in connection with stitching (for nadir patching,
        say) or just general photography purposes?

        PTGui or Hugin can be used, or the Panorama Tools Photoshop plugins
        PTAdjust or PTRemap. Then there may be other options such as LensFix
        LensDoc and PTLens.

        John
      • paul womack
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 1, 2008
          John Houghton wrote:
          > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, deepika choudary <deepika_gc@...>
          > wrote:
          >> Can anyone help me with the method or code for converting fisheye
          > image to rectilinear image.
          >
          > There are several ways to do this, as a Google search for defish will
          > show. The most appropriate method would depend on your particular
          > requirements and camera/lens combination, and whether you want a PC or
          > Mac solution. Is it something you want to do on a regular basis or a
          > one-off, and is it in connection with stitching (for nadir patching,
          > say) or just general photography purposes?
          >
          > PTGui or Hugin can be used, or the Panorama Tools Photoshop plugins
          > PTAdjust or PTRemap. Then there may be other options such as LensFix
          > LensDoc and PTLens.

          Add:

          http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/dxo/optics-pro.htm

          RAVE review.

          BugBear
        • deepika choudary
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 1, 2008
            I want to do it on a regular basis  and in connection to stitching , so i want the method or source code for this.
            >> Can anyone help me with the method or code for converting fisheye
            > image to rectilinear image.
            >
            > There are several ways to do this, as a Google search for defish will
            > show. The most appropriate method would depend on your particular
            > requirements and camera/lens combination, and whether you want a PC or
            > Mac solution. Is it something you want to do on a regular basis or a
            > one-off, and is it in connection with stitching (for nadir patching,
            > say) or just general photography purposes?
            >
            > PTGui or Hugin can be used, or the Panorama Tools Photoshop plugins
            > PTAdjust or PTRemap. Then there may be other options such as LensFix
            > LensDoc and PTLens.

            Add:

            http://www.kenrockw ell.com/tech/ dxo/optics- pro.htm

            RAVE review.

            BugBear

          • Terry Thrift
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 1, 2008
              If the Panotools library license (Gnu lesser?) is a type that is
              useable to you,
              Isn't the source code for clens (PTLens) available as a part of that
              library?

              -Terry Thrift-