Tram VR's

  • sphereworks
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 30, 2008
      Hi All,

      I recently took some demo shots for a Tramway local to me, if you're
      interested to see click on the following link -

      http://www.sphereworks.co.uk/seaton_tram.php

      Would be nice to hear what you think. Shame the weather was bad that
      day and the pretty station was at the other end of the track....
      hopefully I'll go back some time.

      Pete
      www.sphereworks.co.uk
    • Sacha Griffin
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 30, 2008
        Just about perfect I believe. The nadir patch seems to have a slightly
        different white balance( a little reddish) but it's probably only something
        that 0 out 10 normal people and 2 out of 10 panographers would notice.

        Good DR, no clipping on the highlights. Super minor blooming. Was that just
        one exposure or a really really great job hdr+moving subjects?

        Sacha Griffin

        Southern Digital Solutions LLC

        http://www.southern-digital.com

        http://www.seeit360.net

        404-551-4275

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 30, 2008
          Thank you Sacha for your comments. Which image are you talking
          about, the first one? I can see a slight red patch if I lighten my
          monitor. I always try to check my images on two different monitors
          for colour etc..

          The first shot was HDR yes, I have one more HDR VR to process in the
          passenger compartment through the door - will have to wait now, have
          other images to process. The other images I lightened the dark areas
          in RAW before stitching.

          Cheers,

          Pete
          www.sphereworks.co.uk

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Sacha Griffin"
          <sachagriffin@...> wrote:

          > Just about perfect I believe. The nadir patch seems to have a
          slightly
          > different white balance( a little reddish) but it's probably only
          something
          > that 0 out 10 normal people and 2 out of 10 panographers would
          notice.

          > Good DR, no clipping on the highlights. Super minor blooming. Was
          that just
          > one exposure or a really really great job hdr+moving subjects?
          >

          > Sacha Griffin
          >
          > Southern Digital Solutions LLC
          >
          > http://www.southern-digital.com
          >
          > http://www.seeit360.net
          >
          > 404-551-4275

        • Sacha Griffin
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 30, 2008
            Yes sir just the first one.

            It's a really good HDR. You mind sharing your process/programs used for the
            moving subjects? I don't see any ghosts. Photomatix?

            <sachagriffin@...> wrote:

            > Just about perfect I believe. The nadir patch seems to have a
            slightly
            > different white balance( a little reddish) but it's probably only
            something
            > that 0 out 10 normal people and 2 out of 10 panographers would
            notice.

            > Good DR, no clipping on the highlights. Super minor blooming. Was
            that just
            > one exposure or a really really great job hdr+moving subjects?
            >

            > Sacha Griffin
            >
            > Southern Digital Solutions LLC
            >
            > http://www.southern-digital.com
            >
            > http://www.seeit360.net
            >
            > 404-551-4275
            >

            > From: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com <mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>
            > I recently took some demo shots for a Tramway local to me, if
            you're
            > interested to see click on the following link -
            >
            > http://www.sphereworks.co.uk/seaton_tram.php
            >
            > Would be nice to hear what you think. Shame the weather was bad
            that
            > day and the pretty station was at the other end of the track....
            > hopefully I'll go back some time.
            >
            > Pete
            > www.sphereworks.co.uk

          • sphereworks
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 30, 2008
              Thank you. Yes... merged in Enfuse then I took the image closest to
              the exterior light and edited out the ghosting with a layer mask in
              Photoshop. I do use Photomatix sometimes, but mainly Enfuse now.

              Best Wishes,

              <sachagriffin@...> wrote:

              > Yes sir just the first one.
              >
              > It's a really good HDR. You mind sharing your process/programs used
              for the
              > moving subjects? I don't see any ghosts. Photomatix?
              >

              > Sacha Griffin
              >
              > Southern Digital Solutions LLC
              >
              > http://www.southern-digital.com
              >
              > http://www.seeit360.net
              >
              > 404-551-4275

            • Sacha Griffin
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 30, 2008
                Great Job!

                I find it exceedingly difficult to determine the proper tone mapping
                settings in any of these HDR programs.

                When you get to vegetation, it's possible to create a difference layer on an
                artificially boosted exposure to keep your enfuse exposure in line.

                I imagine it must be the way the hdr programs handle moving subjects.

                <sachagriffin@...> wrote:

                > Yes sir just the first one.
                >
                > It's a really good HDR. You mind sharing your process/programs used
                for the
                > moving subjects? I don't see any ghosts. Photomatix?
                >

                > Sacha Griffin
                >
                > Southern Digital Solutions LLC
                >
                > http://www.southern-digital.com
                >
                > http://www.seeit360.net
                >
                > 404-551-4275

                > From: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com <mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>
                > Thank you Sacha for your comments. Which image are you talking
                > about, the first one? I can see a slight red patch if I lighten my
                > monitor. I always try to check my images on two different monitors
                > for colour etc..
                >
                > The first shot was HDR yes, I have one more HDR VR to process in
                the
                > passenger compartment through the door - will have to wait now,
                have
                > other images to process. The other images I lightened the dark
                areas
                > in RAW before stitching.
                >
                > Cheers,
                >
                > Pete
                > www.sphereworks.co.uk
                >
                > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com <mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>
                <mailto:PanoToolsNG%
                40yahoogroups.com> ,
                > "Sacha Griffin"
                > <sachagriffin@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Just about perfect I believe. The nadir patch seems to have a
                > slightly
                > > different white balance( a little reddish) but it's probably only
                > something
                > > that 0 out 10 normal people and 2 out of 10 panographers would
                > notice.
                > >
                > > Good DR, no clipping on the highlights. Super minor blooming. Was
                > that just
                > > one exposure or a really really great job hdr+moving subjects?
                > >

                > > Sacha Griffin
                > >
                > > Southern Digital Solutions LLC
                > >
                > > http://www.southern-digital.com
                > >
                > > http://www.seeit360.net
                > >
                > > 404-551-4275
                > >

                > > From: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com <mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>
                <mailto:PanoToolsNG%
                40yahoogroups.com>
                > [mailto:PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com <mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>
                <mailto:PanoToolsNG%
                40yahoogroups.com> ]
                > On
                > > Behalf Of sphereworks
                > > Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2008 12:49 PM
                > > To: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com <mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>
                <mailto:PanoToolsNG%
                40yahoogroups.com>
                > > Subject: [PanoToolsNG] Tram VR's
                > >

                > > Hi All,
                > >
                > > I recently took some demo shots for a Tramway local to me, if
                > you're
                > > interested to see click on the following link -
                > >
                > > http://www.sphereworks.co.uk/seaton_tram.php
                > >
                > > Would be nice to hear what you think. Shame the weather was bad
                > that
                > > day and the pretty station was at the other end of the track....
                > > hopefully I'll go back some time.
                > >
                > > Pete
                > > www.sphereworks.co.uk

              • sphereworks
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 30, 2008
                  I don't know... one day I will spend a load of time working out how
                  to use these programs fully... mostly I go by trial and error - and
                  luck. :-)