Re: PSB File Size from PTGui

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2008
      Am Tuesday, September 30, 2008 um 8:31 schrieb Drew Fulton:

      > I am currently rending layered 16bit files that are about 18000x9000
      > pixels in PTGui. This results in a PSB file in the realm of 16-18
      > GB. However, if I open the file in Photoshop CS3 and resave it, the
      > file size drops to somewhere closer to 3-4 GB depending on the file.

      I guess that is because you choose "no compression" in PTGui.

      > Any ideas why this is happening? I don't do a single thing in
      > Photoshop, just hide and unhide a layer so that it will allow me to
      > hit save.
      >
      > Just thought it was a bit odd.

      Yes, it is. Photoshop has no choice of compression in PSD and PSB
      format, but PTGui has. Even if you choose "Packbits" compression in
      PTGui it's not the same like Photoshop compression. I guess this is
      because photoshop compression is not documented...

      best regards
      Offenburger Str. 33
      79108 Freiburg