advice you hope you don't need - ZAR for memory card file recovery

  • Jeffrey Martin
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 29, 2008
      I've now had 2 memory cards fail .... one shooting a wedding (I'm never
      shooting a wedding again) and one recording a (great) show on my zoom h2.
      after the wedding I went through many file recovery programs. ZAR is the
      best. (I did recover the wedding shots with a some additional help from
      Fiero - that was a couple years ago.)

      I've recently used ZAR again to recover this recording of a concert I made a
      couple weeks ago. It was strange, the device could still recognize all files
      but no computers could...

      Anyway, I thought this tip might help someone out there. Hopefully you'll
      never need this advice ;)

      I have nothing whatsoever to do with ZAR, i'm merely an extremely happy user
      of it. ;)

      Jeffrey Martin
      tel. +420 608 076 502 / skype jeffrey.s.martin

    • Sacha Griffin
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 29, 2008
        What cards were those? I hope they weren't the ones I just bought based on
        your recommendation.. ;?

        ZAR is pretty good.

        Sacha Griffin

        Southern Digital Solutions LLC

        http://www.southern-digital.com

        http://www.seeit360.net

        404-551-4275

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 30, 2008
          ZAR is great for Windows. If you are on a Mac, I can attest that
          Photorescue 3.1 saved my bacon once! It did a terrific job
          recovering photos from a bad card. The trial mode lets you see if
          things can be recovered before you buy it. If you have a dead hard
          drive, Data Rescue II is great. It completely saved an extremely
          FUBAR drive for me. Just a VERY satisfied customer of each.

          John

          John Riley
          johnriley@...
          jriley@...