Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Obama pano

  • Jaume Llorens
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 29 9:45 AM
      Really quick. Excelent!
      Thanks, Tom
      Jaume
    • Jook Leung
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 29 1:44 PM
        The pole technique held out like a mike boom is a useful when you
        can't get any closer. The trick is to think of the solution while the
        situation is at hand.

        http://360vr.com/NYPD_Kelly/IMG_7938Jook_boom_pano800tn.jpg

        and the pano:
        http://360vr.com/NYPD_Kelly/

        the last political rally I attended was for Hillary Clinton:
        http://360vr.com/HillaryClinton/

        cheers,
        Jook

        On Sep 29, 2008, at 11:47 AM, tarheel360vr wrote:

        > Jaume,
        >
        > Four shots. D300 and Sigma 8mm, mounted with a BoBracket on a monopod
        > held at about 45 degrees. My belly button makes a good monopod socket.
        >
        > EXIF data shows that five seconds elapsed between first shot and last.
        > I was astounded. That's probably twice as fast as I've ever worked
        > before.
        >
        > Credit PTGui for the stitching magic.
        >
        > And I was very lucky.
        >
        > TL
        >
        > > It's incredible how can you stitch with no errors in this
        > situations.
        > > Can I ask you how many shots do you need and.. do you remember aprox
        > how
        > > much time did you speend tho shot them all.. ?
        > > Thanks
        > >
        > > Jaume Llorens

        Jook Leung Photography
        360VR Images - 360 degree Panoramic photography
        Web: http://360vr.com
        E-mail: jook@...
        Mobile: 201 679 6177

      • Rodrigo Alarcon-Cielock
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 30 1:59 AM
          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "tarheel360vr" <tom@...> wrote:

          > Jaume,

          My belly button makes a good monopod socket.

          Here, Here , Here... in time with prctice it become second nature.

          Mind you I am surprised that the minder's did not stop you, specially
          with something protruding over the crowd's head pointing towards Obama,
          though the minder in the aviator glasses is looking towards the camera.

          Rodrigo
        • steamboat_springs_owl
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 30 7:37 AM
            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Jook Leung <jook360@...> wrote:

            > The pole technique held out like a mike boom is a useful when you
            > can't get any closer. The trick is to think of the solution while the
            > situation is at hand....
            > cheers,
            > Jook

            That's pretty incredible Jook. Is that four around? How much time
            correcting stitching errors?
            Regards,
            Roger