Re: Obama pano

  • tarheel360vr
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 29, 2008
      Jaume,

      Four shots. D300 and Sigma 8mm, mounted with a BoBracket on a monopod
      held at about 45 degrees. My belly button makes a good monopod socket.

      EXIF data shows that five seconds elapsed between first shot and last.
      I was astounded. That's probably twice as fast as I've ever worked before.

      Credit PTGui for the stitching magic.

      And I was very lucky.

      TL

      > It's incredible how can you stitch with no errors in this situations.
      > Can I ask you how many shots do you need and.. do you remember aprox
      how
      > much time did you speend tho shot them all.. ?
      > Thanks
      >
      > Jaume Llorens

    • Jaume Llorens
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 29, 2008
        Really quick. Excelent!
        Thanks, Tom
        Jaume
      • Jook Leung
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 29, 2008
          The pole technique held out like a mike boom is a useful when you
          can't get any closer. The trick is to think of the solution while the
          situation is at hand.

          http://360vr.com/NYPD_Kelly/IMG_7938Jook_boom_pano800tn.jpg

          and the pano:
          http://360vr.com/NYPD_Kelly/

          the last political rally I attended was for Hillary Clinton:
          http://360vr.com/HillaryClinton/

          cheers,
          Jook

          On Sep 29, 2008, at 11:47 AM, tarheel360vr wrote:

          > Jaume,
          >
          > Four shots. D300 and Sigma 8mm, mounted with a BoBracket on a monopod
          > held at about 45 degrees. My belly button makes a good monopod socket.
          >
          > EXIF data shows that five seconds elapsed between first shot and last.
          > I was astounded. That's probably twice as fast as I've ever worked
          > before.
          >
          > Credit PTGui for the stitching magic.
          >
          > And I was very lucky.
          >
          > TL
          >
          > > It's incredible how can you stitch with no errors in this
          > situations.
          > > Can I ask you how many shots do you need and.. do you remember aprox
          > how
          > > much time did you speend tho shot them all.. ?
          > > Thanks
          > >
          > > Jaume Llorens

          Jook Leung Photography
          360VR Images - 360 degree Panoramic photography
          Web: http://360vr.com
          E-mail: jook@...
          Mobile: 201 679 6177

        • Rodrigo Alarcon-Cielock
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 30, 2008
            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "tarheel360vr" <tom@...> wrote:

            > Jaume,

            My belly button makes a good monopod socket.

            Here, Here , Here... in time with prctice it become second nature.

            Mind you I am surprised that the minder's did not stop you, specially
            with something protruding over the crowd's head pointing towards Obama,
            though the minder in the aviator glasses is looking towards the camera.

            Rodrigo
          • steamboat_springs_owl
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 30, 2008
              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Jook Leung <jook360@...> wrote:

              > The pole technique held out like a mike boom is a useful when you
              > can't get any closer. The trick is to think of the solution while the
              > situation is at hand....
              > cheers,
              > Jook

              That's pretty incredible Jook. Is that four around? How much time
              correcting stitching errors?
              Regards,
              Roger