Obama pano

  • Tom Lassiter
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 28, 2008
      Pano Friends,

      The presidential campaign came to town yesterday.

      http://www.lassiter.com/vr/obama.html

      I'm always reading and learning here; your tips made this one possible. Thanks!

      Wish it had been a sunny day.

      Tom L
    • Caroling Geary
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 28, 2008
        Wow, that is a tightly-packed crowd. Good job.

        On Sep 28, 2008, at 9:19 AM, Tom Lassiter wrote:

        > Pano Friends,
        >
        > The presidential campaign came to town yesterday.
        >
        > http://www.lassiter.com/vr/obama.html

        Caroling Geary, www.wholeo.net

      • Robert C. Fisher
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 28, 2008
          Nice Hat Tom!

          Great pano as well, you can really get the feel of the crowd.

          On Sep 28, 2008, at 7:19 AM, Tom Lassiter wrote:

          > Pano Friends,
          >
          > The presidential campaign came to town yesterday.
          >
          > http://www.lassiter.com/vr/obama.html
          >
          > I'm always reading and learning here; your tips made this one
          > possible. Thanks!
          >
          > Wish it had been a sunny day.
          >
          > Tom L

          Cheers
          Robert C. Fisher
          VR Photography/Cinematography
        • Michael
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 29, 2008
            Great pano, Tom!

            When I did this one:
            http://panoramas.dk/2008/flash/Barack-Obama-berlin.html I should have
            taken it from a bit more close at, now that I see yours... :-)

            All the best,
            Michael

            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Tom Lassiter <tom@...> wrote:

            > Pano Friends,
            >
            > The presidential campaign came to town yesterday.
            >
            > http://www.lassiter.com/vr/obama.html
            >
            > I'm always reading and learning here; your tips made this one
            possible. Thanks!

            > Wish it had been a sunny day.
            >
            > Tom L

          • Caroling Geary
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 29, 2008
              Hmmm, panoramas.dk says they are migrating to a new data center.

              On Sep 29, 2008, at 6:23 AM, Michael wrote:

              > Great pano, Tom!
              >
              > When I did this one:
              > http://panoramas.dk/2008/flash/Barack-Obama-berlin.html I should have
              > taken it from a bit more close at, now that I see yours... :-)

              Caroling Geary, www.wholeo.net

            • Jaume Llorens
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 29, 2008
                Congratulations, Tom.
                It's incredible how can you stitch with no errors in this situations.
                Can I ask you how many shots do you need and.. do you remember aprox how
                much time did you speend tho shot them all.. ?
                Thanks

                Jaume Llorens
              • tarheel360vr
                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 29, 2008
                  Jaume,

                  Four shots. D300 and Sigma 8mm, mounted with a BoBracket on a monopod
                  held at about 45 degrees. My belly button makes a good monopod socket.

                  EXIF data shows that five seconds elapsed between first shot and last.
                  I was astounded. That's probably twice as fast as I've ever worked before.

                  Credit PTGui for the stitching magic.

                  And I was very lucky.

                  TL

                  > It's incredible how can you stitch with no errors in this situations.
                  > Can I ask you how many shots do you need and.. do you remember aprox
                  how
                  > much time did you speend tho shot them all.. ?
                  > Thanks
                  >
                  > Jaume Llorens

                • Jaume Llorens
                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 29, 2008
                    Really quick. Excelent!
                    Thanks, Tom
                    Jaume
                  • Jook Leung
                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 29, 2008
                      The pole technique held out like a mike boom is a useful when you
                      can't get any closer. The trick is to think of the solution while the
                      situation is at hand.

                      http://360vr.com/NYPD_Kelly/IMG_7938Jook_boom_pano800tn.jpg

                      and the pano:
                      http://360vr.com/NYPD_Kelly/

                      the last political rally I attended was for Hillary Clinton:
                      http://360vr.com/HillaryClinton/

                      cheers,
                      Jook

                      On Sep 29, 2008, at 11:47 AM, tarheel360vr wrote:

                      > Jaume,
                      >
                      > Four shots. D300 and Sigma 8mm, mounted with a BoBracket on a monopod
                      > held at about 45 degrees. My belly button makes a good monopod socket.
                      >
                      > EXIF data shows that five seconds elapsed between first shot and last.
                      > I was astounded. That's probably twice as fast as I've ever worked
                      > before.
                      >
                      > Credit PTGui for the stitching magic.
                      >
                      > And I was very lucky.
                      >
                      > TL
                      >
                      > > It's incredible how can you stitch with no errors in this
                      > situations.
                      > > Can I ask you how many shots do you need and.. do you remember aprox
                      > how
                      > > much time did you speend tho shot them all.. ?
                      > > Thanks
                      > >
                      > > Jaume Llorens

                      Jook Leung Photography
                      360VR Images - 360 degree Panoramic photography
                      Web: http://360vr.com
                      E-mail: jook@...
                      Mobile: 201 679 6177

                    • Rodrigo Alarcon-Cielock
                      Message 10 of 11 , Sep 30, 2008
                        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "tarheel360vr" <tom@...> wrote:

                        > Jaume,

                        My belly button makes a good monopod socket.

                        Here, Here , Here... in time with prctice it become second nature.

                        Mind you I am surprised that the minder's did not stop you, specially
                        with something protruding over the crowd's head pointing towards Obama,
                        though the minder in the aviator glasses is looking towards the camera.

                        Rodrigo
                      • steamboat_springs_owl
                        Message 11 of 11 , Sep 30, 2008
                          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Jook Leung <jook360@...> wrote:

                          > The pole technique held out like a mike boom is a useful when you
                          > can't get any closer. The trick is to think of the solution while the
                          > situation is at hand....
                          > cheers,
                          > Jook

                          That's pretty incredible Jook. Is that four around? How much time
                          correcting stitching errors?
                          Regards,
                          Roger