[PanoToolsNG] ANN: New Fanotec Rotators and the New Nodal Ninja "180"

  • Bill Bailey
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 25, 2008
      It's been awhile since we posted notice in the forum and we know many people
      here on different levels. Because of this and given the fact PanotoolsNG is
      such an integral part of the panorama community we feel a special
      responsibility to continue posting important new product announcements in
      the community.

      Fanotec does not have a closed room with designers determining what products
      might be best for the market. The company feeds off end user feedback and is
      in constant development of new products and product enhancements. All this
      while making ever effort in keeping prices as low as possible. And we would
      like to believe we offer the best support in the industry - see our
      http://nodalninja.com/testimonials.html testimonials.

      The latest development from Fanotec include a series of new top of the line
      advanced Rotators. These rotators combine very high precision, ease of use,
      compactness, lightweight and durability. People will ask "is this capable of
      achieving results good enough to do batch stitching?" While some early beta
      testers have achieved repeatable results for batch stitching, from a design
      standpoint, we do not want to advertise or stake official claim to this. The
      R-D8 and R-D12 rotators are also available in NN3-II and NN5 configurations.
      While these rotators were designed to be used with Nodal Ninja they can be
      used as stand alone units with other heads (slight modification to mounting
      surface may be necessary).

      Features you'll find in this new class of rotators.
      * Made from imported premium quality aluminum alloy.
      * Precision CNC machined components
      * Lubricated bearings for smooth rotation
      * Laser engraved marking
      * Detent interval option can be changed on the fly.
      * More than 10 kg (5kg for R-D4) loading supported.
      * Detent interval can be changed in seconds on the fly
      * Knob for locking rotation
      * Retainer wire so you don't lose the knobs
      * Ideal for making HDR panos and/or mosaics
      * Great in windy locations.
      * Small nadir footprint diameter of 52mm - 62mm
      * The unique placement of knobs means that they will never appear in the
      spherical panos.
      * Fine 2.5 degree rotation markings for making high resolution mosaics.
      * Compact and light weight - only 228gr - 391gr

      The first 3 rotators to come to market include:

      The R-D12 - http://store.nodalninja.com/product_p/r-d12.htm $179.95
      http://www.nabble.com/file/p19671867/RD12_3_cw_350.jpg
      http://www.nabble.com/file/p19671867/RD12_3a_cw_350.jpg
      Complete set of 12 detent interval options;
      Stops around = 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 15, 18, 20, 24, 30, 36, 48
      Degrees = 90, 60, 45, 36, 30, 24, 20, 18, 15, 12, 10, 7.5
      Available configurations:
      NN5 w/R-D12 - https://store.nodalninja.com/product_p/n5-rd12.htm $499.95
      NN3-II w/R-D12 - https://store.nodalninja.com/NN3_p/n3ii-rd12.htm $329.95

      The R-D8 - http://store.nodalninja.com/product_p/r-d8.htm $149.95
      http://www.nabble.com/file/p19671867/RD8_3_cw_350.jpg
      Complete set of 8 detent interval options;
      Stops around = 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 15, 18, 20
      Degrees = 90, 60, 45, 36, 30, 24, 20, 18
      Available configurations:
      NN5 w/R-D8 - https://store.nodalninja.com/product_p/n5-rd8.htm $469.95
      NN3-II w/R-D8 - https://store.nodalninja.com/NN3_p/n3ii-rd8.htm $299.95

      The R-D4 - http://store.nodalninja.com/product_p/r-d4.htm $129.95
      http://www.nabble.com/file/p19671867/RD4_cw_3_350.jpg
      Complete set of 4 detent interval options;
      Stops around = 2, 3, 4, 6
      Degrees = 180, 120, 90, 60

      The R-D3L with built in leveler - coming very soon (couple weeks)
      http://www.nabble.com/file/p19671867/3_RD3L_1_350.jpg
      image above is from early beta version and not reflective of actual rotator
      Stops around = 6, 8, 10
      Degrees = 60, 45, 36
      (custom detent setting possible)
      Rotator diameter 64mm, leveler max diameter 90mm, overall minimum height
      49mm

      And we have the New Nodal Ninja "180" -
      http://store.nodalninja.com/product_p/n180.htm $179.95

      http://www.nabble.com/file/p19671867/180_cw_d300_8mm_2_350.jpg
      http://www.nabble.com/file/p19671867/180_cw__1_350.jpg

      For single row cylindrical panoramas. Adjust click stops on the fly to
      either 60, 90, 120 or 180 degree increments giving you the equivalent of 2,
      3, 4 or 6 stops around.
      Features:
      * Universal - fits all circular fisheye lens from compact digital
      cameras (T-adapter required for offset tripod socket) with FC-E8/E9 to big
      professional cameras like Canon 1Ds series and Nikon D3.
      * Advanced rotator design (Rotator R-D4).
      * Fully lubricated bearing for smooth rotation.
      * 4 detent interval options (2, 3, 4, 6 stops /180, 120, 90, 60
      degrees).
      * Suitable for most fisheye lens for making spherical panos.
      * Detent interval can be changed in seconds on the fly - just unscrew
      the knob and screw into desire interval hole.
      * Knob for locking rotation.
      * Ideal for making HDR panos or in windy locations.
      * Small nadir footprint, diameter of 54mm provides sufficient precision
      and stability while keeping the nadir footprint small.
      * The unique placement of knobs means that they will never appear in the
      spherical panos.
      * Compact and light weight - only 500g.
      * 5kg (12 lbs) loading supported.
      * Supports all cameras up to medium format.
      * More affordable and greater value for dollar.
      * Full 2 year warranty.
      * Top Notice Support.
      * 30 day money back guarantee if not completely satisfied - no questions
      asked (return policies may vary between distributors).

      Prices quoted are from the website only and will vary between distributors
      and product questions are best handled through our
      http://www.nodalninja.com/forum forum .

      We thank PanotoolsNG for allowing us this commercial announcement.

      Bill Bailey
      Nodal Ninja