Shooting pans of car interiors

  • maston67
    Message 1 of 38 , Sep 24, 2008
      Im going to have a crack at doing some pans of a car interior.

      I use a d70s/sigma 8mm combo and a nodal ninja head.

      I guess the first question is what should the focus be set to. Ive
      always just shot on infinity when doing room and outdoor shots

      Ill be placing the camera in the same place as the drivers' head
      would be. So should it be set to the closest point which would be
      the seat headrest or to the dashboard or to the passenger seat door?

      Ive also just discovered that the sigma autofocus isnt very accurate
      (http://www.mejiatryti.com/Panoramas/FocusSigma8.html) and needs to
      be done manually. So how do I do that without liveview. Get the tape
      measure out?

      Also what aperture for these short distances? Ive just read again
      (in another article) that this lens is actually best at f8-f11
      regardless of light levels.

      Many thanks

      Masten
    • henrimolle
      Message 38 of 38 , Oct 7, 2008
        This is my first time posting... I still don't understand how to get
        nadir shots with a regular pano head...hand held?
        henri