Re: [PanoToolsNG] CS4 Spherical Panoramas 3D

  • Daniel Lemos
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 24, 2008
      Isso é uma ferrameta do PS cs4 ? ou um plugin ?

      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 24, 2008
        it's no plugin, it's part of PS CS4 extended (3D engine)

        joergen
        luminous-newyork.com

        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 24, 2008
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 24, 2008
            Thanks, I have found the prices now. It's more here with Adobe Germany,
            as usual (~ 500 EUR).
            Nevertheless, it's worth it, I guess.

            Philipp

            Joergen Geerds schrieb:
> [...]
          • Matthew Rogers
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 16, 2008
              Just a quick warning.

              The new 3D spherical tools will not save you anytime in patching or
              editing the nadir/zenith until Adobe remove all the bugs. If the bugs
              in CS3 were anything to go by then I guess these new 3D issues will be
              resolved in CS5.

              Issues I see at the moment are:

              1. No easy way to switch back and fourth between a 2D and 3D spherical
              images. The only way to get your edited spherical panorama back is to
              export the 3D file then location the texture. If there's a better way
              I've not been able to find it.

              2. Serious display issues mean the bottom half of the image in the 3D
              space disappears when using any of the 3D tools. It's quite difficult
              editing an image that you can't see.

              3. Serious slow downs. For the first few minutes the updating is
              instant but as soon as you start modifying or painting on the
              spherical map things really start to slow down. Every action causes a
              re-render which can last 5-10 seconds which is extremely annoying. And
              these tests were only using a 3000 x 1500 image.

              Like a lot of features Adobe add to their products, the intention is
              there but the implementation is severely lacking. I might expect some
              issues when using an old machine but a dual core MacPro with 16gb of
              ram can hardly be considered old. The bugs may be OS/GPU specific so
              if anyone else is having more luck with these tools please let me know.

              System Specs:

              MacPro 2 x 3ghz dual core
              Ati X1900XT
              16Gb Ram

              Matt

              On 24 Sep 2008, at 17:05, Joergen Geerds wrote:

              > it's no plugin, it's part of PS CS4 extended (3D engine)
              >
              > joergen
              > luminous-newyork.com

            • Roger D. Williams
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 16, 2008
                Thank you, Matthew. That is very good to know. I held off upgrading
                to CS3, and now it looks as if I can still afford to wait a little longer.

                Roger W.

                Work: www.adex-japan.com
                Play: www.usefilm.com/member/roger