CS4 Spherical Panoramas 3D

  • AYRTON
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 24, 2008
      <http://av.adobe.com/russellbrown/SphericalPanorama_SM.mov>
      AYRTON

      ------------
      | A Y R |
      | T O N |
      ------------

      + 55 21 9982 6313

      http://ayrton360.com
      http://rio.360cities.net
      http://vrfolio.com
      http://ayrton.com

    • Philipp B. Koch
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 24, 2008
        Sigh, I want it! I just wonder how much the upgrade will cost from CS3
        Extended (which I own right now)...
        Is there already something known about CS4-pricing?

        AYRTON schrieb:
        > <http://av.adobe.com/russellbrown/SphericalPanorama_SM.mov>
        > AYRTON
        >

        > ------------
        > | A Y R |
        > | T O N |
        > ------------
        >
        > + 55 21 9982 6313
        >
        > http://ayrton360.com
        > http://rio.360cities.net
        > http://vrfolio.com
        > http://ayrton.com

      • Rodolpho Pajuaba
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 24, 2008
          http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/photoshop/features/?view=topnew
          Scroll down the page - but I´m not sure if it´s both versions (very
          unlikely), only the Standard, or only the Extended.
          Regards,
          Rodolpho Pajuaba

          Philipp B. Koch escreveu:
          > Sigh, I want it! I just wonder how much the upgrade will cost from CS3
          > Extended (which I own right now)...
          > Is there already something known about CS4-pricing?

        • Daniel Lemos
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 24, 2008
            Isso é uma ferrameta do PS cs4 ? ou um plugin ?

            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 24, 2008
              it's no plugin, it's part of PS CS4 extended (3D engine)

              joergen
              luminous-newyork.com

              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 24, 2008
                > Sigh, I want it! I just wonder how much the upgrade will
                > cost from CS3
                > Extended (which I own right now)...
                > Is there already something known about CS4-pricing?

                yes, it's on the adobe website: i think PS CS3->CS4 extended is $350 ($200 regular), and $600 for the web premium

                joergen
                luminous-newyork.com
              • Philipp B. Koch
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 24, 2008
                  Thanks, I have found the prices now. It's more here with Adobe Germany,
                  as usual (~ 500 EUR).
                  Nevertheless, it's worth it, I guess.

                  Philipp

                  Joergen Geerds schrieb:
> [...]
                • Matthew Rogers
                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 16, 2008
                    Just a quick warning.

                    The new 3D spherical tools will not save you anytime in patching or
                    editing the nadir/zenith until Adobe remove all the bugs. If the bugs
                    in CS3 were anything to go by then I guess these new 3D issues will be
                    resolved in CS5.

                    Issues I see at the moment are:

                    1. No easy way to switch back and fourth between a 2D and 3D spherical
                    images. The only way to get your edited spherical panorama back is to
                    export the 3D file then location the texture. If there's a better way
                    I've not been able to find it.

                    2. Serious display issues mean the bottom half of the image in the 3D
                    space disappears when using any of the 3D tools. It's quite difficult
                    editing an image that you can't see.

                    3. Serious slow downs. For the first few minutes the updating is
                    instant but as soon as you start modifying or painting on the
                    spherical map things really start to slow down. Every action causes a
                    re-render which can last 5-10 seconds which is extremely annoying. And
                    these tests were only using a 3000 x 1500 image.

                    Like a lot of features Adobe add to their products, the intention is
                    there but the implementation is severely lacking. I might expect some
                    issues when using an old machine but a dual core MacPro with 16gb of
                    ram can hardly be considered old. The bugs may be OS/GPU specific so
                    if anyone else is having more luck with these tools please let me know.

                    System Specs:

                    MacPro 2 x 3ghz dual core
                    Ati X1900XT
                    16Gb Ram

                    Matt

                    On 24 Sep 2008, at 17:05, Joergen Geerds wrote:

                    > it's no plugin, it's part of PS CS4 extended (3D engine)
                    >
                    > joergen
                    > luminous-newyork.com

                  • Roger D. Williams
                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 16, 2008
                      Thank you, Matthew. That is very good to know. I held off upgrading
                      to CS3, and now it looks as if I can still afford to wait a little longer.

                      Roger W.

                      Work: www.adex-japan.com
                      Play: www.usefilm.com/member/roger