Gliding Pano [was: Armor cost by the air]

  • Peter Nyfeler
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 23, 2008
      Hi all

      Ayrton wrote:
      > not "only one"
      > This is THE ONE Peter !

      Thanks ;-)

      John Riley wrote:
      > Awesome Peter!

      Thanks!

      > Was that a powered glider?
      No, nothing but air

      > Tell us the particulars of lens/camera/etc.
      That was my first attempt for such panorama. It was during a foto event
      here in Davos. It was a flight of only about 8 minutes and i had to shot
      in the first 4 minutes to be ready for landing on the opposite hill.

      Description of flight on Google Maps:

      http://tinyurl.com/44qrln

      Used equipment:

      Nikon D200
      Sigma 8mm / 3.5

      Agnos lensring
      center column of tripod
      cable release
      duct tape
      security rope

      The first shot was against me and my pilot with the whole glider in one
      shot. The other shots were made as fast as possible and as prrcise as
      possible in the NPP.

      Mick Crane wrote:
      > excellent!!
      > I have butterflies in my stomach.

      I felt the same as this was my first flight with a glide sofar :-)

      Vicent Ogloblinsky wrote:
      > Thanks all for your feedback, and congrtualtion Peter for your shoot
      > too, more complicated than being sitted in a little plane. I am
      > curiousof your setup?

      Thanks Vicent!

      By "hanging" in the air it is much less windy :-)

      For setup see above.

      Best regards

      Peter
    • Philip Warner