Re: [PanoToolsNG] Linux Command Line Method for Extracting Views?

  • Bruno Postle
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 22, 2008
      On Fri 19-Sep-2008 at 12:39 -0400, Sacha Griffin wrote:

      >It's been some time since I've used pstitcher in the command line. I'm
      >trying to batch output cube faces. What's the best method?
      >
      >Would I need to use 6 script files from a bash script?
      >
      >I found the following script, it processes 6 times, but outputs only 1 face.

      >p w750 h750 f0 v90 u20 n"JPEG g0 q100"

      The problem is that n"JPEG" is a single image output format. With
      PTStitcher, you can do only do this trick using n"TIFF_m" format,
      but then you have to convert to JPEG afterwards.

      With nona rather than PTStitcher, you can use the '-i' parameter to
      render each 'i' line in turn and get JPEG output directly:

      nona -i 0 -o face0.jpg script.txt
      nona -i 1 -o face1.jpg script.txt
      nona -i 2 -o face2.jpg script.txt
      etc...

      If you intend to generate lots of these scripts using the
      command-line, erect2cubic will calculate all the image dimensions
      for you, it also allows you to rotate the cube orientation at the
      same time:

      http://search.cpan.org/dist/Panotools-Script/bin/erect2cubic

      --
      Bruno