Re: displaying cylindrical panoramas on 3072x768

  • Hans Nyberg
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 21, 2008
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Karol Kwiatek" <k_kwiatek@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I am going to display a lot of cylindrical panoramas (like a
      > slideshow) on three monitors.
      > Do you know software that will show panoramas in a nice way (could be
      > a form of slideshow) in 3072x768 (3x1024x768) resolution?
      > I am not happy at all to display panoramas using panoramic viewers
      > because the resolution on the left and the right monitor is not
      > acceptable (huge distortion).
      > Any ideas?
      > Karol

      Karol

      I assume you want 1 panorama stretched over 3 monitors.

      It is just a matter of setting the FOV correct.
      For a view with that wide proportions you need to set it very low. The correct vertical FOV
      for a view at 1:4 should be around 40 degree.
      You will then have no distortions.

      If you use FPP this is adjusted automatically if you resize the window.
      Try it on the current feature at panoramas.dk
      http://www.panoramas.dk/2008/flash/valencia-city-of-arts.html

      This is one of the reasons I have changed to flashpanoramas flash.

      Of course if you want to do this on 3 monitors you need more than standard fullscreen
      resolution.

      I guess around 2000x2000 pixels cubefaces should be enough.