displaying cylindrical panoramas on 3072x768

  • Karol Kwiatek
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 21, 2008
      Hi,

      I am going to display a lot of cylindrical panoramas (like a
      slideshow) on three monitors.
      Do you know software that will show panoramas in a nice way (could be
      a form of slideshow) in 3072x768 (3x1024x768) resolution?
      I am not happy at all to display panoramas using panoramic viewers
      because the resolution on the left and the right monitor is not
      acceptable (huge distortion).
      Any ideas?
      Karol
    • ptgroup
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 21, 2008
        Karol,
        could the Triple-Head technologie help ypu ??

        http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/products/gxm/th2go/

        http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds/main/review/th2go.htm

        ciao
        mike
        ----------------------------
        360┬░ VR Fotografie:
        http://www.360de.de
        -----Urspr├╝ngliche Nachricht-----

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 21, 2008
          How big are your images? Could we see a sample?

        • crane@ukonline.co.uk
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 21, 2008
            Quoting Karol Kwiatek <k_kwiatek@...>:

            > Hi,
            >
            > I am going to display a lot of cylindrical panoramas (like a
            > slideshow) on three monitors.
            > Do you know software that will show panoramas in a nice way (could be
            > a form of slideshow) in 3072x768 (3x1024x768) resolution?
            > I am not happy at all to display panoramas using panoramic viewers
            > because the resolution on the left and the right monitor is not
            > acceptable (huge distortion).
            > Any ideas?
            > Karol

            I did this on linux, well, extended desktop over 3 monitors. it was not
            documented then but probably is now.
            Is that what you mean ?

            mick

          • crane@ukonline.co.uk
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 21, 2008
              Quoting crane@...:

              > Quoting Karol Kwiatek <k_kwiatek@...>:
              >
              > > Hi,
              > >
              > > I am going to display a lot of cylindrical panoramas (like a
              > > slideshow) on three monitors.
              > > Do you know software that will show panoramas in a nice way (could be
              > > a form of slideshow) in 3072x768 (3x1024x768) resolution?
              > > I am not happy at all to display panoramas using panoramic viewers
              > > because the resolution on the left and the right monitor is not
              > > acceptable (huge distortion).
              > > Any ideas?
              > > Karol

              Ahh ok you want something to show an image then wait a bit and show another
              one ?

              shouldn't be too hard

              regards

              mick

            • Hans Nyberg
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 21, 2008
                --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Karol Kwiatek" <k_kwiatek@...> wrote:

                > Hi,
                >
                > I am going to display a lot of cylindrical panoramas (like a
                > slideshow) on three monitors.
                > Do you know software that will show panoramas in a nice way (could be
                > a form of slideshow) in 3072x768 (3x1024x768) resolution?
                > I am not happy at all to display panoramas using panoramic viewers
                > because the resolution on the left and the right monitor is not
                > acceptable (huge distortion).
                > Any ideas?
                > Karol

                Karol

                I assume you want 1 panorama stretched over 3 monitors.

                It is just a matter of setting the FOV correct.
                For a view with that wide proportions you need to set it very low. The correct vertical FOV
                for a view at 1:4 should be around 40 degree.
                You will then have no distortions.

                If you use FPP this is adjusted automatically if you resize the window.
                Try it on the current feature at panoramas.dk
                http://www.panoramas.dk/2008/flash/valencia-city-of-arts.html

                This is one of the reasons I have changed to flashpanoramas flash.

                Of course if you want to do this on 3 monitors you need more than standard fullscreen
                resolution.

                I guess around 2000x2000 pixels cubefaces should be enough.