Bye Bye Nikon

  • Hans Nyberg
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 21, 2008
      Here are some test shots with the new Canon 5D Mark II

      http://www.prophotonut.com/2008/09/20/canon-5d-mk2-high-iso-pictures/#more-
      724

      Just JPEG's from a beta test camera.
      Check the 6400 ASA examples.

      With 21 mp I can do 11000x5500 pixels with my Tokina 12-17 at 12mm and 4 images

      But I guess I better take my 15mm Canon with me for test at the Canon Booth at
      Photokina instead if they allow changing the lens of course.

      Also read Vincent Laforet's blog
      http://blog.vincentlaforet.com/2008/09/20/something-very-interesting-is-
      comingboth-to-this-blog-and-to-our-industry/

      And some examples from the DPreview
      http://www.dpreview.com/news/0809/08092001canoneos5dmarkiigallery.asp

      Hans
    • Rodolpho Pajuaba
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 21, 2008
        The photographer or the staff could have hidden the props that made
        the dress fit better on the model's body, they can be seen easilly
        beween the waist and the arm on the shot on the green background. But
        the picture looks nice, althought a bit soft.
        Bye bye Nikon (as if I didn't have done it a long time ago ;-) ) indeed.
        Regards,
        Rodolpho Pajuaba

        2008/9/21 Hans Nyberg <hans@...>:
        > Here are some test shots with the new Canon 5D Mark II
        >
        > http://www.prophotonut.com/2008/09/20/canon-5d-mk2-high-iso-pictures/#more-
        > 724

      • erik leeman
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 21, 2008
          snip...
          > But I guess I better take my 15mm Canon with me for test at the
          Canon Booth at
          > Photokina instead if they allow changing the lens of course.
          ...snip

          If you ever manage to get your hands on one there : (
          I don't really expect to be able to even come close to the Canon booth
          because of the 5D mkII.