Re: Pano with small "live" parts?

  • wardnet2001
    Message 1 of 23 , Sep 20, 2008
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Milko K. Amorth" <panotools@...>
      wrote:

      They just did not get it. They acted so strange and gave up one
      > quarter of the way and folded the display. Are we really going about
      the
      > right way to display 360 VR? Or are we fighting an unknown ego?
      >
      > Everybody has its own right to art and express himself, but it still
      has
      > to be comprehendable. At least in some way. This experience has been
      > another eye opener that I am just a panohead. Nothing more.
      >

      > Cheers, Milko

      Hi

      I absolutely agree with your point. I think I've more or less given up
      (for the moment anyway) expecting people who've never seen these
      (slightly) interactive things to get it, some do, some don't. I wonder
      if this sort of interactivity will ever be mainstream. Many people who
      read this list (and others) are enthusiasts, the rest of the world are
      just not, no matter how illustrative a set of panos might seem to be.
      I remember the previously mentioned animated train, the hovercraft
      landing (superb), synchronized panos, Immervision's excellent
      potential - all, as mentioned, from some _years_ ago. I think panos
      are still a bit like Cinderella waiting for The Prince to come along
      and free her. Until then its mostly about having a bit of fun for our
      own satisfaction. The recent appearance of decent panos in NYT (and
      other papers) is significant but I think for most of that paper's
      readers hardly noticeable. I think picture editors like the idea of
      panos, but they cost, and the panos have to inserted in their websites
      - not for them a totally straightforward proposition, but something
      that has to organised.

      Bill