Linux Command Line Method for Extracting Views?

  • Sacha Griffin
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 19, 2008
      It's been some time since I've used pstitcher in the command line. I'm
      trying to batch output cube faces. What's the best method?

      Would I need to use 6 script files from a bash script?

      I found the following script, it processes 6 times, but outputs only 1 face.

      p w750 h750 f0 v90 u20 n"JPEG g0 q100"

      i n"pano.jpg"

      o f4 y0 r0 p0 v360

      i n"pano.jpg"

      o f4 y-90 r0 p0 v360

      i n"pano.jpg"

      o f4 y-180 r0 p0 v360

      i n"pano.jpg"

      o f4 y90 r0 p0 v360

      i n"pano.jpg"

      o f4 y0 r0 p-90 v360

      i n"pano.jpg"

      o f4 y0 r0 p90 v360

      Sacha Griffin

      Southern Digital Solutions LLC

      http://www.southern-digital.com

      http://www.seeit360.net

      404-551-4275

    • PanoToolsNG.10.m8@spamgourmet.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 21, 2008
        You're not perhaps using the same image name for each of the cubefaces?

        Cheers,
        Darren.

        )
        )Would I need to use 6 script files from a bash script?
        )
        )
        )
        )I found the following script, it processes 6 times, but
        )outputs only 1 face.
        )
        )
        )
        )>>>
        )
[...]
        )[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
        )
        )
        )------------------------------------
        )
        )--
        )
        )
        )
      • Bruno Postle
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 22, 2008
          On Fri 19-Sep-2008 at 12:39 -0400, Sacha Griffin wrote:

          >It's been some time since I've used pstitcher in the command line. I'm
          >trying to batch output cube faces. What's the best method?
          >
          >Would I need to use 6 script files from a bash script?
          >
          >I found the following script, it processes 6 times, but outputs only 1 face.

          >p w750 h750 f0 v90 u20 n"JPEG g0 q100"

          The problem is that n"JPEG" is a single image output format. With
          PTStitcher, you can do only do this trick using n"TIFF_m" format,
          but then you have to convert to JPEG afterwards.

          With nona rather than PTStitcher, you can use the '-i' parameter to
          render each 'i' line in turn and get JPEG output directly:

          nona -i 0 -o face0.jpg script.txt
          nona -i 1 -o face1.jpg script.txt
          nona -i 2 -o face2.jpg script.txt
          etc...

          If you intend to generate lots of these scripts using the
          command-line, erect2cubic will calculate all the image dimensions
          for you, it also allows you to rotate the cube orientation at the
          same time:

          http://search.cpan.org/dist/Panotools-Script/bin/erect2cubic

          --
          Bruno