take it from the top, google has a nice stitchter too.

  • Nick Gordon
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 10, 2006
      Looks like the satelite images are handsstitched at google, these
      builings bend in all directions. No seems visible thou. There is
      defenitly a nice program helping there stitchers.

      http://82.157.192.237/fromthetop.jpg

      Nick
    • Roger Howard
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 10, 2006
        On Sep 10, 2006, at 9:12 AM, Nick Gordon wrote:

        > Looks like the satelite images are handsstitched at google, these
        > builings bend in all directions. No seems visible thou. There is
        > defenitly a nice program helping there stitchers.

        Enblend or other blenders would do just as nice a job as long as you
        made the seams appear in the right place, which is no doubt what is
        happening here - blending on a street/river/other such boundary. I
        don't see anything there that can't already be done with the blenders
        we use...

        -R
      • Serge Maandag (yahoo)
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 11, 2006
          > Looks like the satelite images are handsstitched at google, these
          > builings bend in all directions. No seems visible thou. There is
          > defenitly a nice program helping there stitchers.
          > http://82.157.192.237/fromthetop.jpg

          This one still is my favorite:

          <http://www.google.com/lochp?hl=en&q=&t=k&om=1&ll=47.6051,-122.332453&spn=0.002883,0.008465>
          or http://tinyurl.com/mev3x

          They probably have depth maps. That way they simply stitch on the ground
          level and for the rendering give priority to the image data that is
          closest to the camera (= the highest building).

          Serge.
        • technophobe
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 11, 2006
            Its funny, though, they have pieces patched from different angles, but they
            all seem to have been taken around the same time of day judging by the shadows.

            -t

            At 11:09 AM 9/11/2006 +0200, you wrote:
            > > Looks like the satelite images are handsstitched at google, these
            > > builings bend in all directions. No seems visible thou. There is
            > > defenitly a nice program helping there stitchers.
            > > http://82.157.192.237/fromthetop.jpg
            >
            >This one still is my favorite:
            >
            ><http://www.google.com/lochp?hl=en&q=&t=k&om=1&ll=47.6051,-122.332453&spn=0.002883,0.008465>
            >or http://tinyurl.com/mev3x
            >
            >They probably have depth maps. That way they simply stitch on the ground
            >level and for the rendering give priority to the image data that is
            >closest to the camera (= the highest building).
            >
            >Serge.
            >

            >--

            > (Yahoo! ID required)
            >
            > mailto:PanoToolsNG-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          • Bernhard Vogl
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 11, 2006
              > Its funny, though, they have pieces patched from different angles, but they
              > all seem to have been taken around the same time of day judging by the shadows.
              ..that's the plane approaching from different directions.... :-)

              Best regards
              Bernhard
            • michel thoby
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 11, 2006
                All the Earth Observation Satellites are on a SSO (Sun Synchronous
                Orbit)
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun-synchronous_orbit
                because the main purpose of these spacecraft is to transmit images of
                any given place on earth (e.g. twice a week) taken at a fixed local
                time in order to have... shadows the same on every image of the same
                place!

                While I believe this being now OT, I couldn't refrain myself to
                answer this one. I beg to be forgiven. Some of you may know why;-)

                Michel