combo 5D+10.5 too old ?

  • gillesvidal
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 17, 2008
      Hi all,

      Here are three new panoramas made this weekend :
      http://www.gillesvidal.com/benoitXVI.htm
      It's a report of the official visit of Pope Benedict XVI to Lourdes in
      France (made with the Nikkor 10.5 and the EOS 5D).

      ISO 800 and 1/40 sec. for the first and about f/2.8
      ISO 100 and 1/500 sec. for the second and about f/8
      ISO 200 and 1/320 sec. for the third and about f/4

      The post-production should be done very quickly (too bad for the
      mistakes assembly), to deliver the panoramas to my customers as soon
      as possible.

      Gilles
      www.gillesvidal.com
    • AYRTON
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 17, 2008
        On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 9:23 PM, gillesvidal <gilles@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > Here are three new panoramas made this weekend :
        > http://www.gillesvidal.com/benoitXVI.htm

        Parfait
        Exceptionnel
        Merveilleux

        Salut
        AYRTON

        > <http://www.gillesvidal.com/benoitXVI.htm>
        > It's a report of the official visit of Pope Benedict XVI to Lourdes in
        > France (made with the Nikkor 10.5 and the EOS 5D).
        >
        > ISO 800 and 1/40 sec. for the first and about f/2.8
        > ISO 100 and 1/500 sec. for the second and about f/8
        > ISO 200 and 1/320 sec. for the third and about f/4
        >
        > The post-production should be done very quickly (too bad for the
        > mistakes assembly), to deliver the panoramas to my customers as soon
        > as possible.
        >

        > Gilles
        > www.gillesvidal.com

        ------------
        | A Y R |
        | T O N |
        ------------

        + 55 21 9982 6313

        http://ayrton360.com
        http://rio.360cities.net
        http://vrfolio.com
        http://ayrton.com

      • Jann Lipka
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 17, 2008
          Action panos with Pope visible - very good indeed .
          Crispy feel, no stitching errors ,
          very good work with the sky ,
          also the darkening of the nadir looks natural .

          Very good timing too .
          Did you rotate the camera by hand ?

          It must be a very fast sequence, because the people
          look enthusiastic all around .

          is the full rotation sequence like 3 seconds ?
          I like the last pano the most because of the look of the sooo tensed body
          guard in front of Pope cage ,
          and the nuns in blue look so happy ...

          Congrats .

          5D and 10.5 looks like still going strong..
        • Juergen Schrader
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 18, 2008
            Very nice work, Gilles.
            Especially the first.
            5d + 10.5 still rules :))

            cheers
            juergen

            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "gillesvidal" <gilles@...> wrote:

            > Hi all,
            >
            > Here are three new panoramas made this weekend :
            > http://www.gillesvidal.com/benoitXVI.htm
            > It's a report of the official visit of Pope Benedict XVI to Lourdes
            in
            > France (made with the Nikkor 10.5 and the EOS 5D).
            >
            > ISO 800 and 1/40 sec. for the first and about f/2.8
            > ISO 100 and 1/500 sec. for the second and about f/8
            > ISO 200 and 1/320 sec. for the third and about f/4
            >
            > The post-production should be done very quickly (too bad for the
            > mistakes assembly), to deliver the panoramas to my customers as soon
            > as possible.
            >

            > Gilles
            > www.gillesvidal.com

          • Jaume Llorens
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 18, 2008
              Gilles, there is an error in a link at the accueil page: the thumbnail
              of Venezia goes to besancenot.htm..
              I'm absolutly (ABSOLUTLY!) impressed by your work.
              Congratulations.
              Jaume

              --
              Jaume Llorens i Bach
              Av. Països Catalans, 1-3, 3E. 17820 - Banyoles

              En/na gillesvidal ha escrit:

              > Hi all,
              >
              > Here are three new panoramas made this weekend :
              > http://www.gillesvidal.com/benoitXVI.htm
              > <http://www.gillesvidal.com/benoitXVI.htm>
              > It's a report of the official visit of Pope Benedict XVI to Lourdes in
              > France (made with the Nikkor 10.5 and the EOS 5D).
              >
              > ISO 800 and 1/40 sec. for the first and about f/2.8
              > ISO 100 and 1/500 sec. for the second and about f/8
              > ISO 200 and 1/320 sec. for the third and about f/4
              >
              > The post-production should be done very quickly (too bad for the
              > mistakes assembly), to deliver the panoramas to my customers as soon
              > as possible.
              >
              > Gilles
              > www.gillesvidal.com

            • Hans Nyberg
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 18, 2008
                --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Jaume Llorens <jaume@...> wrote:

                > Gilles, there is an error in a link at the accueil page: the thumbnail
                > of Venezia goes to besancenot.htm..
                > I'm absolutly (ABSOLUTLY!) impressed by your work.
                > Congratulations.
                > Jaume

                Works correct for me.
                Mac Safari

                Hans
              • Michael
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 18, 2008
                  I don't understand the title ...

                  I never managed to upgrade to 5D in time, but I can see that it is
                  (nearly always) all you need. Especially the ISO 800 image looks
                  great. Well, you chose 2.8 @ 1/40 and that might be a bit too slow
                  sometimes, but not with this image. Very impressive.

                  Yours,
                  Michael

                  --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "gillesvidal" <gilles@...> wrote:

                  > Hi all,
                  >
                  > Here are three new panoramas made this weekend :
                  > http://www.gillesvidal.com/benoitXVI.htm
                  > It's a report of the official visit of Pope Benedict XVI to Lourdes in
                  > France (made with the Nikkor 10.5 and the EOS 5D).
                  >
                  > ISO 800 and 1/40 sec. for the first and about f/2.8
                  > ISO 100 and 1/500 sec. for the second and about f/8
                  > ISO 200 and 1/320 sec. for the third and about f/4
                  >
                  > The post-production should be done very quickly (too bad for the
                  > mistakes assembly), to deliver the panoramas to my customers as soon
                  > as possible.
                  >

                  > Gilles
                  > www.gillesvidal.com

                • gillesvidal
                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 18, 2008
                    Thanks for your answers !

                    > Did you rotate the camera by hand ?

                    Yes. I've never used anything other than "manual" head.

                    > It must be a very fast sequence, because the people
                    > look enthusiastic all around .

                    People were so excited that it was very complicated to work, even for
                    traditional photographers. So to make panoramas... :-(
                    But the pools reserved for accredited photographers were too far : the
                    Pope had 3 pixels of size !!!

                    > is the full rotation sequence like 3 seconds ?
                    > I like the last pano the most because of the look of the sooo tensed
                    body
                    > guard in front of Pope cage ,
                    > and the nuns in blue look so happy ...

                    I don't know how long to make a tour ... sorry.
                    I was surprised to see the attitude of people. Very pacifist, but very
                    determined and ready to crush anything to be more near the Pope.

                    Strange world...

                    Gilles
                  • crane@ukonline.co.uk
                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 18, 2008
                      Quoting gillesvidal <gilles@...>:

                      > I don't know how long to make a tour ... sorry.
                      > I was surprised to see the attitude of people. Very pacifist, but very
                      > determined and ready to crush anything to be more near the Pope.
                      >
                      > Strange world...
                      strange indeed.
                      I see they are cloning catholics to make up the numbers ;-)
                      mick