Canon 5D

  • Michael
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 17, 2008
      Now it is public and the very much discussed movie feature seems very
      interesting to me.

      http://www.canon-ci.co.kr/product/smov/pop03.html

      (the japanese 5D movie page was down for a while, but it's one of the
      official clips)

      Beside traditional movie clips (you'd might be better off with a
      designated video cam), I'm thinking of panoramas with live parts. This
      must be easier to achieve now, I suppose. Just take the usual single
      shots for the panorama and take a video sequence of the desired part
      with the same lens, correct NP, same light etc. There still is this
      issue with reduced resolution of the movie, but still, if you don't
      take a 3 shot 8mm panorama, you might well have a nice result.

      I don't know how to make a live panorama out of this yet, but
      shouldn't that be possible?

      Interesting times ahead :-)

      Yours,
      Michael

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Joost Nieuwenhuijse <imim@...> wrote:

      > It was announced this morning:
      > http://www.dpreview.com/news/0809/08091705canon_5dmarkII.asp
      >

      > Joost Nieuwenhuijse wrote:
      > > Also, Canon are expected to release the successor to the 5D any
      day now,
      > > according to the rumours it will be 21 or 24 megapixel full frame.
      Try

      50D<http://www.engadget.com/2008/08/26/official-canons-15-1-megapixel-eos-50d-with-digic-4-processing/>,
      > >> it failed to nail down an exact release date. Thankfully, Circuit
      City has