Re: Agnos Nikon 8mm Fisheye Ring Review

  • Wayne Heil
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 10, 2006
      Simon,

      Thanks for your response. Although it took a bit of twisting and turning I
      was able to get the ring onto the lens without removing anything and the
      aperture ring turned fine. After reading your email and looking at the Agnos
      site again I repositioned the ring tight to the filter ring. This leaves a
      portion of the PVC ring exposed but it seems to seat fine. I am not sure if
      this correctly positions the nodal point or not but it does match the Agnos
      illustration. I agree that the screws should be black and will add some tape
      as well. I have been able to work around the remote control problem for the
      D70 by using a rubber strap to crudely attach a small hand mirror to reflect
      the infrared beam. It's not pretty but it works. Although the ring is
      expensive and not perfect I would also not return it.

      Suggested improvements would be to include assembly and installation
      diagrams and instructions and black screws.

      Wayne