Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Gigapan & Canon G9 examples

  • Terry Thrift
    Message 1 of 61 , Sep 6, 2008
      Peter:

      Thanks for the input.
      I had read that thread and wasn't sure how to interpret it.
      Maybe if I knew the people better I could have relied on anything that
      was said.

      -Terry-

      On Sep 5, 2008, at 11:55 PM, panovrx wrote:

      > Terry Thrift <terry@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> Does anyone have any estimate of how many shutter actuations a canon
      >> G9 might withstand before needing repair?
      >>

      > there is a thread here
      > http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1010&message=28332606
      >
      > basically you can shoot away without worrying I think
      >
      > now digital slrs ... thats a different story ... a problem for those
      > shooting timelapse etc with dslrs
      >
      > Peter Murphy

    • Sacha Griffin
      Message 61 of 61 , Sep 23, 2008
        That should be obvious.. heh.

        Prime versus zoom.

        The problem, is 28 isn't really wide enough to be really useful for a lot of
        interior work, and composition without zoom and difficult to say the least,
        since you often don't have placement luxury.

        As an exterior lens, I'm sure it's a great lens to have.

        I've always wondered how the MK2 stacks up against, the 10-22, since you
        aren't using the outer parts of the lens with the 10-22.

        Sacha Griffin

        Southern Digital Solutions LLC

        http://www.southern-digital.com

        http://www.seeit360.net