Re: The Diver’s View - Interactive Feature - NYTimes.com

  • Hans Nyberg
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2008

      > <

      http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2008/08/21/sports/olympics/20080821_10M_DIVIN
      G.html

      > best
      > AYRTON

      Yes
      they are getting better.

      But of course if one of us Pro VR guys had done it, it would have been from a point about
      1 m in front of the springboard and the diver would stand at the edge ready to dive.

      They did a great job at the Democratic Convent
      http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2008/08/28/us/politics/20080828_OBAMA_PANO.h
      tml

      an so did Pat St. Clair
      http://www.panoramas.dk/2008/democratic-convention/invesco.html

      Hans
    • Hans Nyberg
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2008
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Blake Michaelson" <blake.michaelson@...> wrote:

        > Nice shot - nice simple integration of audio - what's the player? - cheers,

        The player is their own development.

        Hans
      • Patrick Cheatham
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1, 2008

          > On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 7:37 PM, Blake Michaelson <blake.michaelson@...
          > > wrote:
          >
          > > Nice shot - nice simple integration of audio - what's the player? - cheers,
          >

          > It's their own proprietary player

          AFAIK, their homegrown player is built on Papervision 3D. So, not proprietary, really,
          but I doubt they'll be giving up their source code anytime soon. ;-)

          Cheers,

          Patrick

          PanoSalado:
          http://flashpanos.com/blog/79
        • Fung Yu
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 2, 2008
            Well, I for one am just glad the VR is finally getting it's exposure
            by the press/media... it's a good start...we still have a long way
            to go... :-)