Re: [PanoToolsNG] The Diver’s View - Interactive Feature - NYTimes.com

  • Blake Michaelson
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2008
      Nice shot - nice simple integration of audio - what's the player? - cheers,
      Blake

      On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 3:27 PM, AYRTON <avi@...> wrote:

      > <
      >
      > http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2008/08/21/sports/olympics/20080821_10M_DIVING.html
      > >
      > best
      > AYRTON

    • AYRTON
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2008
        On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 7:37 PM, Blake Michaelson <blake.michaelson@...
        > wrote:

        > Nice shot - nice simple integration of audio - what's the player? - cheers,

        It's their own proprietary player

        best
        AYRTON

        > Blake
        >
        > On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 3:27 PM, AYRTON <avi@...> wrote:
        >
        > > <
        > >

        > http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2008/08/21/sports/olympics/20080821_10M_DIVING.html
        > > >
        > > best
        > > AYRTON

        ------------
        | A Y R |
        | T O N |
        ------------

        + 55 21 9982 6313

        http://ayrton360.com
        http://rio.360cities.net
        http://vrfolio.com
        http://ayrton.com

      • Hans Nyberg
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1, 2008

          > <

          http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2008/08/21/sports/olympics/20080821_10M_DIVIN
          G.html

          > best
          > AYRTON

          Yes
          they are getting better.

          But of course if one of us Pro VR guys had done it, it would have been from a point about
          1 m in front of the springboard and the diver would stand at the edge ready to dive.

          They did a great job at the Democratic Convent
          http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2008/08/28/us/politics/20080828_OBAMA_PANO.h
          tml

          an so did Pat St. Clair
          http://www.panoramas.dk/2008/democratic-convention/invesco.html

          Hans
        • Hans Nyberg
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 1, 2008
            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Blake Michaelson" <blake.michaelson@...> wrote:

            > Nice shot - nice simple integration of audio - what's the player? - cheers,

            The player is their own development.

            Hans
          • Patrick Cheatham
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 1, 2008

              > On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 7:37 PM, Blake Michaelson <blake.michaelson@...
              > > wrote:
              >
              > > Nice shot - nice simple integration of audio - what's the player? - cheers,
              >

              > It's their own proprietary player

              AFAIK, their homegrown player is built on Papervision 3D. So, not proprietary, really,
              but I doubt they'll be giving up their source code anytime soon. ;-)

              Cheers,

              Patrick

              PanoSalado:
              http://flashpanos.com/blog/79
            • Fung Yu
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 2, 2008
                Well, I for one am just glad the VR is finally getting it's exposure
                by the press/media... it's a good start...we still have a long way
                to go... :-)