The Diver’s View - Interactive Feature - NYTimes.com

  • AYRTON
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2008
      <
      http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2008/08/21/sports/olympics/20080821_10M_DIVING.html

      best
      AYRTON

    • Blake Michaelson
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2008
        Nice shot - nice simple integration of audio - what's the player? - cheers,
        Blake

        On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 3:27 PM, AYRTON <avi@...> wrote:

        > <
        >
        > http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2008/08/21/sports/olympics/20080821_10M_DIVING.html
        > >
        > best
        > AYRTON

      • AYRTON
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1, 2008
          On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 7:37 PM, Blake Michaelson <blake.michaelson@...
          > wrote:

          > Nice shot - nice simple integration of audio - what's the player? - cheers,

          It's their own proprietary player

          best
          AYRTON

          > Blake
          >
          > On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 3:27 PM, AYRTON <avi@...> wrote:
          >
          > > <
          > >

          > http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2008/08/21/sports/olympics/20080821_10M_DIVING.html
          > > >
          > > best
          > > AYRTON

          ------------
          | A Y R |
          | T O N |
          ------------

          + 55 21 9982 6313

          http://ayrton360.com
          http://rio.360cities.net
          http://vrfolio.com
          http://ayrton.com

        • Hans Nyberg
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 1, 2008

            > <

            http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2008/08/21/sports/olympics/20080821_10M_DIVIN
            G.html

            > best
            > AYRTON

            Yes
            they are getting better.

            But of course if one of us Pro VR guys had done it, it would have been from a point about
            1 m in front of the springboard and the diver would stand at the edge ready to dive.

            They did a great job at the Democratic Convent
            http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2008/08/28/us/politics/20080828_OBAMA_PANO.h
            tml

            an so did Pat St. Clair
            http://www.panoramas.dk/2008/democratic-convention/invesco.html

            Hans
          • Hans Nyberg
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 1, 2008
              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Blake Michaelson" <blake.michaelson@...> wrote:

              > Nice shot - nice simple integration of audio - what's the player? - cheers,

              The player is their own development.

              Hans
            • Patrick Cheatham
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 1, 2008

                > On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 7:37 PM, Blake Michaelson <blake.michaelson@...
                > > wrote:
                >
                > > Nice shot - nice simple integration of audio - what's the player? - cheers,
                >

                > It's their own proprietary player

                AFAIK, their homegrown player is built on Papervision 3D. So, not proprietary, really,
                but I doubt they'll be giving up their source code anytime soon. ;-)

                Cheers,

                Patrick

                PanoSalado:
                http://flashpanos.com/blog/79
              • Fung Yu
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 2, 2008
                  Well, I for one am just glad the VR is finally getting it's exposure
                  by the press/media... it's a good start...we still have a long way
                  to go... :-)