Re: [PanoToolsNG] Olympic Stadium Munich

  • Bernhard Vogl
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 1, 2008
      Hello Juergen,

      A very fine shot - congratulations!
      Looking down in the panorama makes me assume that you have to be a man
      with nerves out of steel :-)

      Bernhard
    • Juergen Schrader
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 1, 2008
        Thank you, Bernhard.

        Yes, I like to shoot from exposed places, but this one was pretty
        save. Or at least saver then others I've been before :)

        The main problem was that the platform I could stand on was narrow
        and (even worse) not level. In fact it was really steep and handling
        the gear wasn't too much fun at all.

        The next shot I will try to develop was done with the monopod stuck
        out from a camera platform above the course while my guide was a bit
        "inattentive".

        Cheers
        Jürgen

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Bernhard Vogl <bvogl@...> wrote:

        > Hello Juergen,
        >
        > A very fine shot - congratulations!
        > Looking down in the panorama makes me assume that you have to be a
        man
        > with nerves out of steel :-)
        >
        > Bernhard

      • pepoloe
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 1, 2008
          Hey Jürgen,
          excellent work!
          At least the folks who joined the panotools meeting in Prague should
          know your secret about click stops, as you don't need to care about
          them anymore ;-)

          Cheers Traugott

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Juergen Schrader" <panorama@...>
          wrote:

          > Thank you, Bernhard.
          >
          > Yes, I like to shoot from exposed places, but this one was pretty
          > save. Or at least saver then others I've been before :)
          >
          > The main problem was that the platform I could stand on was narrow
          > and (even worse) not level. In fact it was really steep and handling
          > the gear wasn't too much fun at all.
          >
          > The next shot I will try to develop was done with the monopod stuck
          > out from a camera platform above the course while my guide was a bit
          > "inattentive".
          >
          > Cheers
          > Jürgen
          >
          > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Bernhard Vogl <bvogl@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello Juergen,
          > >
          > > A very fine shot - congratulations!
          > > Looking down in the panorama makes me assume that you have to be a
          > man
          > > with nerves out of steel :-)
          > >
          > > Bernhard

        • Juergen Schrader
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 2, 2008
            Well, yes. I wasn't sure if I should have mentioned the panobot
            without which this session would have been almost impossible. But not
            for the sky (because one can handle this easily with any kind of gear
            that allows constant angles). The main advantage of a robot here is
            that you don't have to twist yourself around your tripod several
            times for each picture when shooting on a 50cm rack.

            Jürgen

            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "pepoloe" <pepoloe@...> wrote:

            > Hey Jürgen,
            > excellent work!
            > At least the folks who joined the panotools meeting in Prague should
            > know your secret about click stops, as you don't need to care about
            > them anymore ;-)
            >
            > Cheers Traugott
            >
            > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Juergen Schrader" <panorama@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Thank you, Bernhard.
            > >
            > > Yes, I like to shoot from exposed places, but this one was pretty
            > > save. Or at least saver then others I've been before :)
            > >
            > > The main problem was that the platform I could stand on was
            narrow
            > > and (even worse) not level. In fact it was really steep and
            handling
            > > the gear wasn't too much fun at all.
            > >
            > > The next shot I will try to develop was done with the monopod
            stuck
            > > out from a camera platform above the course while my guide was a
            bit
            > > "inattentive".
            > >
            > > Cheers
            > > Jürgen
            > >
            > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Bernhard Vogl <bvogl@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hello Juergen,
            > > >
            > > > A very fine shot - congratulations!
            > > > Looking down in the panorama makes me assume that you have to
            be a
            > > man
            > > > with nerves out of steel :-)
            > > >
            > > > Bernhard