Re: Gigapan & Canon G9 examples

  • jo4mail
    Message 1 of 61 , Sep 1, 2008
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Bernhard Vogl <bvogl@...> wrote:

      > Paul,
      >
      > The Gigapan software is already on sourceforge.
      > http://gigapan.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/gigapan/
      > As it uses a cheap, standard Atmel CPU, the code may esatblish as a
      > common ground for various hardware implementations? ;-)
      >
      > Bernhard

      Offcourse, but until now there is no SDK, much less no documented way
      to get modifed firmware into the GP.

      Or did anybody heard rumours or facts about getting acces to internals
      of GPs hardware. Will it sometimes be open to the community?

      A stamp with a standard Atmel is also my workhorse.

      cheers
      Paul
    • Sacha Griffin
      Message 61 of 61 , Sep 23, 2008
        That should be obvious.. heh.

        Prime versus zoom.

        The problem, is 28 isn't really wide enough to be really useful for a lot of
        interior work, and composition without zoom and difficult to say the least,
        since you often don't have placement luxury.

        As an exterior lens, I'm sure it's a great lens to have.

        I've always wondered how the MK2 stacks up against, the 10-22, since you
        aren't using the outer parts of the lens with the 10-22.

        Sacha Griffin

        Southern Digital Solutions LLC

        http://www.southern-digital.com

        http://www.seeit360.net