Re: Gigapan & Canon G9 examples

  • jo4mail
    Message 1 of 61 , Sep 1, 2008
      > I still await the Gigapan SLR base, which Randy assures me is in
      development, about a year away..

      Setting up my homebrewn robot for DLSRs I thought about making an
      opensource device out of it, as it is not to complicated. The MCU is
      openhardware, the SDK is opensource, it has an USB interface, BT is
      also available, stepper controller and LCD added, and it works fine.
      The full metal gearboxes are solid and pretty cheap in larger
      quantities. The electronic parts are less than 100.- Euros (for a
      single robot).

      Just for me as an C-noob, programming the robot is easy.
      The SDK runs on windows and linux. Stepwise developing more and more
      features is just a question of time.

      May be a community could develop a system quicker.
      But who is able to be the admin of such a play.

      A picture is shown in the panotoolsng photos album abso.lutum m1.

      Cheers
      Paul
    • Sacha Griffin
      Message 61 of 61 , Sep 23, 2008
        That should be obvious.. heh.

        Prime versus zoom.

        The problem, is 28 isn't really wide enough to be really useful for a lot of
        interior work, and composition without zoom and difficult to say the least,
        since you often don't have placement luxury.

        As an exterior lens, I'm sure it's a great lens to have.

        I've always wondered how the MK2 stacks up against, the 10-22, since you
        aren't using the outer parts of the lens with the 10-22.

        Sacha Griffin

        Southern Digital Solutions LLC

        http://www.southern-digital.com

        http://www.seeit360.net