Re: [PanoToolsNG] Gigapan & Canon G9 examples

  • Bernhard Vogl
    Message 1 of 61 , Sep 1, 2008
      Hello Terry,
      > Did you process the images at all or just run them through the Gigapan
      > stitcher?

      The panorama was done with the Gigapan Stitcher at default settings.
      > How did you set up the focus on the G9?

      MF handling is one of the drawbacks of such a small camera like the G9.
      You can easily switch to MF and you can use the "wheel" to change the
      focus with the help of a digital magnifier. However, as long as you
      don't switch off "assisted MF" the camera will still try to change the
      focus.
      I've also lost MF setting every now and then while trying to change some
      other parameters. Also, if you have to wait during the shooting (e.g.
      until the clouds disappeared) and the Camera switched off the display or
      goes to power saving mode, MF settings are lost. I already ruined one
      Gigapixel because MF settings changed without me noticing.
      The easiest way is, to set MF to infinity. This is also easy to check
      with the focus-bar on the right side of the screen. Also, set the
      settings to display the camera status info on the screen and watch if
      the "MF" writing disappears... ;-)

      Bernhard
    • Sacha Griffin
      Message 61 of 61 , Sep 23, 2008
        That should be obvious.. heh.

        Prime versus zoom.

        The problem, is 28 isn't really wide enough to be really useful for a lot of
        interior work, and composition without zoom and difficult to say the least,
        since you often don't have placement luxury.

        As an exterior lens, I'm sure it's a great lens to have.

        I've always wondered how the MK2 stacks up against, the 10-22, since you
        aren't using the outer parts of the lens with the 10-22.

        Sacha Griffin

        Southern Digital Solutions LLC

        http://www.southern-digital.com

        http://www.seeit360.net