RE: [PanoToolsNG] Olympic Stadium Munich

  • Sacha Griffin
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 1 8:10 AM
      This is absolutely fabulous. I don’t think I have see a higher resolution
      sphere presented with perspective correction.

      This means, everyone doesn’t need to dumb down their 360 photos for web
      presentation anymore.

      What other viewers are able to do this trick besides krpano? The sky looks
      great, you must have relied on the discipline of your click stops, to
      generate correct image placements in your project as opposed to relying on
      control points.

      Sacha Griffin

      Southern Digital Solutions LLC

      http://www.southern-digital.com

      http://www.seeit360.net

      404-551-4275

      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 1 8:52 AM
        Thanks, Sacha.
        I forgot to mention, the resolution is 20.000 x 10.000.

        Sky was not much of a problem but the downrow was, due to massive
        parllax errors because conditions during the shoot were very
        demanding and the subject of the shoot wouldn't forgive any errors.

        Yes, this technology is very tempting but with ~40MB filesize per
        image one may have to keep an eye on the webspace.

        Cheers
        Jürgen

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Sacha Griffin"
        <sachagriffin@...> wrote:

        > This is absolutely fabulous. I don't think I have see a higher
        resolution
        > sphere presented with perspective correction.
        >
        > This means, everyone doesn't need to dumb down their 360 photos for
        web
        > presentation anymore.
        >
        > What other viewers are able to do this trick besides krpano? The
        sky looks
        > great, you must have relied on the discipline of your click stops,
        > generate correct image placements in your project as opposed to
        relying on
        > control points.
        >

        > Sacha Griffin
        >
        > Southern Digital Solutions LLC
        >
        > http://www.southern-digital.com
        >
        > http://www.seeit360.net
        >
        > 404-551-4275

      • AYRTON
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 1 10:01 AM
          woowwwBeautifull
          and the resolution with KRP is incredible
          Thanks for sharing

          best
          AYRTON

          On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 8:03 AM, Juergen Schrader
          <panorama@...>wrote:

          > The roof again, now in high resolution.
          > Unfortunately the weather was not even close to what one would wish
          > for that kind of picture. But hopefully I will get another chance
          > when they see what could be possible.
          >
          > 5D, 35mm, 055 extended by monopod
          >
          > http://schrader-air.de/panorama/olympiastadion/
          >
          > This is also my first attempt with krpano (thanks to Klaus for the
          > assistance on getting a tiled and cubed pano done very quickly). As
          > soon as I find the time I will try to implement some other features
          > like controls and hotspots.
          >
          > enjoy
          > jürgen

          ------------
          | A Y R |
          | T O N |
          ------------

          + 55 21 9982 6313

          http://ayrton360.com
          http://rio.360cities.net
          http://vrfolio.com
          http://ayrton.com

        • Bernhard Vogl
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 1 12:46 PM
            Hello Juergen,

            A very fine shot - congratulations!
            Looking down in the panorama makes me assume that you have to be a man
            with nerves out of steel :-)

            Bernhard
          • Juergen Schrader
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 1 1:22 PM
              Thank you, Bernhard.

              Yes, I like to shoot from exposed places, but this one was pretty
              save. Or at least saver then others I've been before :)

              The main problem was that the platform I could stand on was narrow
              and (even worse) not level. In fact it was really steep and handling
              the gear wasn't too much fun at all.

              The next shot I will try to develop was done with the monopod stuck
              out from a camera platform above the course while my guide was a bit
              "inattentive".

              Cheers
              Jürgen

              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Bernhard Vogl <bvogl@...> wrote:

              > Hello Juergen,
              >
              > A very fine shot - congratulations!
              > Looking down in the panorama makes me assume that you have to be a
              man
              > with nerves out of steel :-)
              >
              > Bernhard

            • pepoloe
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 1 2:07 PM
                Hey Jürgen,
                excellent work!
                At least the folks who joined the panotools meeting in Prague should
                know your secret about click stops, as you don't need to care about
                them anymore ;-)

                Cheers Traugott

                --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Juergen Schrader" <panorama@...>
                wrote:

                > Thank you, Bernhard.
                >
                > Yes, I like to shoot from exposed places, but this one was pretty
                > save. Or at least saver then others I've been before :)
                >
                > The main problem was that the platform I could stand on was narrow
                > and (even worse) not level. In fact it was really steep and handling
                > the gear wasn't too much fun at all.
                >
                > The next shot I will try to develop was done with the monopod stuck
                > out from a camera platform above the course while my guide was a bit
                > "inattentive".
                >
                > Cheers
                > Jürgen
                >
                > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Bernhard Vogl <bvogl@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hello Juergen,
                > >
                > > A very fine shot - congratulations!
                > > Looking down in the panorama makes me assume that you have to be a
                > man
                > > with nerves out of steel :-)
                > >
                > > Bernhard

              • Juergen Schrader
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 2 1:02 AM
                  Well, yes. I wasn't sure if I should have mentioned the panobot
                  without which this session would have been almost impossible. But not
                  for the sky (because one can handle this easily with any kind of gear
                  that allows constant angles). The main advantage of a robot here is
                  that you don't have to twist yourself around your tripod several
                  times for each picture when shooting on a 50cm rack.

                  Jürgen

                  --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "pepoloe" <pepoloe@...> wrote:

                  > Hey Jürgen,
                  > excellent work!
                  > At least the folks who joined the panotools meeting in Prague should
                  > know your secret about click stops, as you don't need to care about
                  > them anymore ;-)
                  >
                  > Cheers Traugott
                  >
                  > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Juergen Schrader" <panorama@>
                  > wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Thank you, Bernhard.
                  > >
                  > > Yes, I like to shoot from exposed places, but this one was pretty
                  > > save. Or at least saver then others I've been before :)
                  > >
                  > > The main problem was that the platform I could stand on was
                  narrow
                  > > and (even worse) not level. In fact it was really steep and
                  handling
                  > > the gear wasn't too much fun at all.
                  > >
                  > > The next shot I will try to develop was done with the monopod
                  stuck
                  > > out from a camera platform above the course while my guide was a
                  bit
                  > > "inattentive".
                  > >
                  > > Cheers
                  > > Jürgen
                  > >
                  > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Bernhard Vogl <bvogl@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Hello Juergen,
                  > > >
                  > > > A very fine shot - congratulations!
                  > > > Looking down in the panorama makes me assume that you have to
                  be a
                  > > man
                  > > > with nerves out of steel :-)
                  > > >
                  > > > Bernhard