Olympic Stadium Munich

  • Juergen Schrader
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 1, 2008
      The roof again, now in high resolution.
      Unfortunately the weather was not even close to what one would wish
      for that kind of picture. But hopefully I will get another chance
      when they see what could be possible.

      5D, 35mm, 055 extended by monopod

      http://schrader-air.de/panorama/olympiastadion/

      This is also my first attempt with krpano (thanks to Klaus for the
      assistance on getting a tiled and cubed pano done very quickly). As
      soon as I find the time I will try to implement some other features
      like controls and hotspots.

      enjoy
      jürgen
    • Sacha Griffin
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 1, 2008
        This is absolutely fabulous. I don’t think I have see a higher resolution
        sphere presented with perspective correction.

        This means, everyone doesn’t need to dumb down their 360 photos for web
        presentation anymore.

        What other viewers are able to do this trick besides krpano? The sky looks
        great, you must have relied on the discipline of your click stops, to
        generate correct image placements in your project as opposed to relying on
        control points.

        Sacha Griffin

        Southern Digital Solutions LLC

        http://www.southern-digital.com

        http://www.seeit360.net

        404-551-4275

        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 1, 2008
          Thanks, Sacha.
          I forgot to mention, the resolution is 20.000 x 10.000.

          Sky was not much of a problem but the downrow was, due to massive
          parllax errors because conditions during the shoot were very
          demanding and the subject of the shoot wouldn't forgive any errors.

          Yes, this technology is very tempting but with ~40MB filesize per
          image one may have to keep an eye on the webspace.

          Cheers
          Jürgen

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Sacha Griffin"
          <sachagriffin@...> wrote:

          > This is absolutely fabulous. I don't think I have see a higher
          resolution
          > sphere presented with perspective correction.
          >
          > This means, everyone doesn't need to dumb down their 360 photos for
          web
          > presentation anymore.
          >
          > What other viewers are able to do this trick besides krpano? The
          sky looks
          > great, you must have relied on the discipline of your click stops,
          > generate correct image placements in your project as opposed to
          relying on
          > control points.
          >

          > Sacha Griffin
          >
          > Southern Digital Solutions LLC
          >
          > http://www.southern-digital.com
          >
          > http://www.seeit360.net
          >
          > 404-551-4275

        • AYRTON
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 1, 2008
            woowwwBeautifull
            and the resolution with KRP is incredible
            Thanks for sharing

            best
            AYRTON

            On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 8:03 AM, Juergen Schrader
            <panorama@...>wrote:

            > The roof again, now in high resolution.
            > Unfortunately the weather was not even close to what one would wish
            > for that kind of picture. But hopefully I will get another chance
            > when they see what could be possible.
            >
            > 5D, 35mm, 055 extended by monopod
            >
            > http://schrader-air.de/panorama/olympiastadion/
            >
            > This is also my first attempt with krpano (thanks to Klaus for the
            > assistance on getting a tiled and cubed pano done very quickly). As
            > soon as I find the time I will try to implement some other features
            > like controls and hotspots.
            >
            > enjoy
            > jürgen

            ------------
            | A Y R |
            | T O N |
            ------------

            + 55 21 9982 6313

            http://ayrton360.com
            http://rio.360cities.net
            http://vrfolio.com
            http://ayrton.com

          • Bernhard Vogl
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 1, 2008
              Hello Juergen,

              A very fine shot - congratulations!
              Looking down in the panorama makes me assume that you have to be a man
              with nerves out of steel :-)

              Bernhard
            • Juergen Schrader
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 1, 2008
                Thank you, Bernhard.

                Yes, I like to shoot from exposed places, but this one was pretty
                save. Or at least saver then others I've been before :)

                The main problem was that the platform I could stand on was narrow
                and (even worse) not level. In fact it was really steep and handling
                the gear wasn't too much fun at all.

                The next shot I will try to develop was done with the monopod stuck
                out from a camera platform above the course while my guide was a bit
                "inattentive".

                Cheers
                Jürgen

                --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Bernhard Vogl <bvogl@...> wrote:

                > Hello Juergen,
                >
                > A very fine shot - congratulations!
                > Looking down in the panorama makes me assume that you have to be a
                man
                > with nerves out of steel :-)
                >
                > Bernhard

              • pepoloe
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 1, 2008
                  Hey Jürgen,
                  excellent work!
                  At least the folks who joined the panotools meeting in Prague should
                  know your secret about click stops, as you don't need to care about
                  them anymore ;-)

                  Cheers Traugott

                  --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Juergen Schrader" <panorama@...>
                  wrote:

                  > Thank you, Bernhard.
                  >
                  > Yes, I like to shoot from exposed places, but this one was pretty
                  > save. Or at least saver then others I've been before :)
                  >
                  > The main problem was that the platform I could stand on was narrow
                  > and (even worse) not level. In fact it was really steep and handling
                  > the gear wasn't too much fun at all.
                  >
                  > The next shot I will try to develop was done with the monopod stuck
                  > out from a camera platform above the course while my guide was a bit
                  > "inattentive".
                  >
                  > Cheers
                  > Jürgen
                  >
                  > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Bernhard Vogl <bvogl@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Hello Juergen,
                  > >
                  > > A very fine shot - congratulations!
                  > > Looking down in the panorama makes me assume that you have to be a
                  > man
                  > > with nerves out of steel :-)
                  > >
                  > > Bernhard

                • Juergen Schrader
                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 2, 2008
                    Well, yes. I wasn't sure if I should have mentioned the panobot
                    without which this session would have been almost impossible. But not
                    for the sky (because one can handle this easily with any kind of gear
                    that allows constant angles). The main advantage of a robot here is
                    that you don't have to twist yourself around your tripod several
                    times for each picture when shooting on a 50cm rack.

                    Jürgen

                    --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "pepoloe" <pepoloe@...> wrote:

                    > Hey Jürgen,
                    > excellent work!
                    > At least the folks who joined the panotools meeting in Prague should
                    > know your secret about click stops, as you don't need to care about
                    > them anymore ;-)
                    >
                    > Cheers Traugott
                    >
                    > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Juergen Schrader" <panorama@>
                    > wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Thank you, Bernhard.
                    > >
                    > > Yes, I like to shoot from exposed places, but this one was pretty
                    > > save. Or at least saver then others I've been before :)
                    > >
                    > > The main problem was that the platform I could stand on was
                    narrow
                    > > and (even worse) not level. In fact it was really steep and
                    handling
                    > > the gear wasn't too much fun at all.
                    > >
                    > > The next shot I will try to develop was done with the monopod
                    stuck
                    > > out from a camera platform above the course while my guide was a
                    bit
                    > > "inattentive".
                    > >
                    > > Cheers
                    > > Jürgen
                    > >
                    > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Bernhard Vogl <bvogl@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > Hello Juergen,
                    > > >
                    > > > A very fine shot - congratulations!
                    > > > Looking down in the panorama makes me assume that you have to
                    be a
                    > > man
                    > > > with nerves out of steel :-)
                    > > >
                    > > > Bernhard