Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Great place to shoot VR

  • AYRTON
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 30, 2008
      On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 12:55 AM, Uri Cogan <uri@...> wrote:

      > This is really off-topic, but I could not laugh. The (excellent)
      > panorama of these lions in the circus cage made me very sad - not just
      > for their sake, for they may be treated kindly by their handlers, but
      > for the abysmal quality of our civilization's relationship with the rest
      > of nature.
      >
      > It's so easy to divorce from the subject of the photo. When I was a
      > photo-journalist I took some photos at an traffic accident scene where a
      > young girl was killed. I was asked how I handled it, and replied "1/250
      > sec. at f11, and I made sure there was some red in the foreground", and
      > then I went off, feeling totally disgusted with myself.

      You're completely right Uri
      I feel the same and I did the same kind of shot when I was working in
      newspapers
      I remeber shooting car accidents and never feeling anything besides th
      f-stop and the speed of the film
      It's a reall strange "thing" that move us photographers to just shoot what
      is in front of our eyes

      best
      AYRTON

      > Uri
      > http://www.uricogan.com

      ------------
      | A Y R |
      | T O N |
      ------------

      + 55 21 9982 6313

      http://ayrton360.com
      http://rio.360cities.net
      http://vrfolio.com
      http://ayrton.com

    • Keith Martin
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 31, 2008
        Sometime around 31/8/08 (at 01:02 -0300) AYRTON said:

        >It's a reall strange "thing" that move us photographers to just shoot what
        >is in front of our eyes

        It is a form of emotional and psychological self-preservation, so
        don't be too hard on yourself. Just stay aware of it.