Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Great place to shoot VR

  • Uri Cogan
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 30 8:55 PM
      John Riley wrote:

      > The lion2 pano made me laugh because it looks like the lions are
      > staring at you just like all of those people we get in panos: "What
      > the heck is HE doing?" should be in a thought-bubble above their head.
      >
      > Next time, we want one from INSIDE the ring, ok? Very nice pano in
      > what must have been challenging lighting.

      This is really off-topic, but I could not laugh. The (excellent)
      panorama of these lions in the circus cage made me very sad - not just
      for their sake, for they may be treated kindly by their handlers, but
      for the abysmal quality of our civilization's relationship with the rest
      of nature.

      It's so easy to divorce from the subject of the photo. When I was a
      photo-journalist I took some photos at an traffic accident scene where a
      young girl was killed. I was asked how I handled it, and replied "1/250
      sec. at f11, and I made sure there was some red in the foreground", and
      then I went off, feeling totally disgusted with myself.

      Uri
      http://www.uricogan.com

    • AYRTON
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 30 9:02 PM
        On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 12:55 AM, Uri Cogan <uri@...> wrote:

        > This is really off-topic, but I could not laugh. The (excellent)
        > panorama of these lions in the circus cage made me very sad - not just
        > for their sake, for they may be treated kindly by their handlers, but
        > for the abysmal quality of our civilization's relationship with the rest
        > of nature.
        >
        > It's so easy to divorce from the subject of the photo. When I was a
        > photo-journalist I took some photos at an traffic accident scene where a
        > young girl was killed. I was asked how I handled it, and replied "1/250
        > sec. at f11, and I made sure there was some red in the foreground", and
        > then I went off, feeling totally disgusted with myself.

        You're completely right Uri
        I feel the same and I did the same kind of shot when I was working in
        newspapers
        I remeber shooting car accidents and never feeling anything besides th
        f-stop and the speed of the film
        It's a reall strange "thing" that move us photographers to just shoot what
        is in front of our eyes

        best
        AYRTON

        > Uri
        > http://www.uricogan.com

        ------------
        | A Y R |
        | T O N |
        ------------

        + 55 21 9982 6313

        http://ayrton360.com
        http://rio.360cities.net
        http://vrfolio.com
        http://ayrton.com

      • Keith Martin
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 31 4:47 AM
          Sometime around 31/8/08 (at 01:02 -0300) AYRTON said:

          >It's a reall strange "thing" that move us photographers to just shoot what
          >is in front of our eyes

          It is a form of emotional and psychological self-preservation, so
          don't be too hard on yourself. Just stay aware of it.