Multi-DSLR Pano Rig

  • Blake Michaelson
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 30, 2008
      A while ago I ran across a page that showed a pano rig with multiple dslr's
      on it... I think it was a ring configuration with 3x dslr bodies and
      respective lenses all tilted at an angle - could basically cover the sphere
      with one shot and subsequently take a nadir persepective shot afterwards...
      anybody remember a beast like this, or could point me in the right
      direction? TIA! Blake.

    • Robert C. Fisher
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 30, 2008
        You must mean Agno's. they have lots of good stuff.

        http://www.agnos.com/prodotti.htm?
        v_lingua=ENG&v_iss_web=0000000008083104370050434227&v_categ_lista=P0000-
        P0005-P0509

        You can do the same with a bit of ingenuity.

        On Aug 30, 2008, at 7:33 PM, Blake Michaelson wrote:

        > A while ago I ran across a page that showed a pano rig with
        > multiple dslr's
        > on it... I think it was a ring configuration with 3x dslr bodies and
        > respective lenses all tilted at an angle - could basically cover
        > the sphere
        > with one shot and subsequently take a nadir persepective shot
        > afterwards...
        > anybody remember a beast like this, or could point me in the right
        > direction? TIA! Blake.

        Cheers
        Robert C. Fisher
        VR Photography/Cinematography
      • Blake Michaelson
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 30, 2008
          That's it - Thanks Robert! Are there any other multi-dslr solutions out
          there (not likely I imagine!)

        • panovrx
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 31, 2008
            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Blake Michaelson"
            <blake.michaelson@...> wrote:

            > That's it - Thanks Robert! Are there any other multi-dslr solutions
            out
            > there (not likely I imagine!)

            well there is the Spherecam from the last century (1992)
            http://www.nearfield.com/~dan/photo/wide/sphere/index.htm

            there is this rig I use for 360 timelapse
            http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/PanoToolsNG/message/6550
            http://www.mediavr.com/twintest1.jpg

            twin D90's with Sunex lenses say is exciting news for those wanting to
            do 360 videos

            Peter Murphy