Re: Great place to shoot VR

  • Andrey Ilyin
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 30, 2008
      Something like this, but closer to the center: http://pano360.ru/
      panos/circus/lion4.html ;)

      The beasts are too sensitive, unfortunately...
      I was discussing with the trainer small adjustments in the show which
      would let me make more 'interesting' pano, and he agreed, but the
      logic of the show didn't let him to follow these modifications.

      If only I had a robotized panoramic camera!

      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "m_c_r_a_n_e" <crane@> wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Andrey Ilyin" <ilyin1drey@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > And finally, the pano during the Show:
      > > > http://pano360.ru/panos/circus/lion2.html
      > > > http://pano360.ru/panos/circus/lion3.html
      > > >
      > > I want to see one from inside the lion's mouth :-)
      > with the trainer about to put his head in there .

    • Andrey Ilyin
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 30, 2008
        Thank you, Dalileis!

        My setup is slightly upgraded - D300 and NN5 Pro, and yes, Sigma for
        situations when I need shoot fast.

        Hope there will be a lot of panos from the circus - I like people
        working in te circus, the athmosphere... circus as the art, so unfit
        for ours pragmatic time.

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "dalileis" <dalileis@...> wrote:

        > Fantastic job as usual, Andrey. Always interesting, highest quality
        > panos. Clean, well balanced and sharp. Big fan of your work. Keep
        it up!

        > BTW, what are you using these days? Still D200 + Sigma 8mm F3.5 +
        > Nodal Ninja 3?
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Dalileis
        >

        > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Andrey Ilyin" <ilyin1drey@>
        wrote:

        > > Yesterday I was scouting in the Old Circus on Tsvetnoy boulevard:
        > > http://pano360.ru/panos/circus/zirk1.html
        > > http://pano360.ru/panos/circus/zirk11.html
        > >
        > > Plan to perform real shooting in a week, during the performance.
        > >
        > > It is a pity that we can't (yet) add a smell to the panos :) - it
        is
        > > very special in the circus...

      • John Riley
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 30, 2008
          The lion2 pano made me laugh because it looks like the lions are
          staring at you just like all of those people we get in panos: "What
          the heck is HE doing?" should be in a thought-bubble above their head.

          Next time, we want one from INSIDE the ring, ok? Very nice pano in
          what must have been challenging lighting.

          John

          John Riley
          johnriley@...
          jriley@...

          On Aug 30, 2008, at 1:45 PM, Andrey Ilyin wrote:

          > And finally, the pano during the Show:
          > http://pano360.ru/panos/circus/lion2.html
          > http://pano360.ru/panos/circus/lion3.html

        • Uri Cogan
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 30, 2008
            John Riley wrote:

            > The lion2 pano made me laugh because it looks like the lions are
            > staring at you just like all of those people we get in panos: "What
            > the heck is HE doing?" should be in a thought-bubble above their head.
            >
            > Next time, we want one from INSIDE the ring, ok? Very nice pano in
            > what must have been challenging lighting.

            This is really off-topic, but I could not laugh. The (excellent)
            panorama of these lions in the circus cage made me very sad - not just
            for their sake, for they may be treated kindly by their handlers, but
            for the abysmal quality of our civilization's relationship with the rest
            of nature.

            It's so easy to divorce from the subject of the photo. When I was a
            photo-journalist I took some photos at an traffic accident scene where a
            young girl was killed. I was asked how I handled it, and replied "1/250
            sec. at f11, and I made sure there was some red in the foreground", and
            then I went off, feeling totally disgusted with myself.

            Uri
            http://www.uricogan.com

          • AYRTON
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 30, 2008
              On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 12:55 AM, Uri Cogan <uri@...> wrote:

              > This is really off-topic, but I could not laugh. The (excellent)
              > panorama of these lions in the circus cage made me very sad - not just
              > for their sake, for they may be treated kindly by their handlers, but
              > for the abysmal quality of our civilization's relationship with the rest
              > of nature.
              >
              > It's so easy to divorce from the subject of the photo. When I was a
              > photo-journalist I took some photos at an traffic accident scene where a
              > young girl was killed. I was asked how I handled it, and replied "1/250
              > sec. at f11, and I made sure there was some red in the foreground", and
              > then I went off, feeling totally disgusted with myself.

              You're completely right Uri
              I feel the same and I did the same kind of shot when I was working in
              newspapers
              I remeber shooting car accidents and never feeling anything besides th
              f-stop and the speed of the film
              It's a reall strange "thing" that move us photographers to just shoot what
              is in front of our eyes

              best
              AYRTON

              > Uri
              > http://www.uricogan.com

              ------------
              | A Y R |
              | T O N |
              ------------

              + 55 21 9982 6313

              http://ayrton360.com
              http://rio.360cities.net
              http://vrfolio.com
              http://ayrton.com

            • Keith Martin
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 31, 2008
                Sometime around 31/8/08 (at 01:02 -0300) AYRTON said:

                >It's a reall strange "thing" that move us photographers to just shoot what
                >is in front of our eyes

                It is a form of emotional and psychological self-preservation, so
                don't be too hard on yourself. Just stay aware of it.