RE: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Nadir/Zenith patching workflow

  • Sacha Griffin
    Message 1 of 32 , Aug 30, 2008
      No mcrane,

      The plugins do not work for anyone past roughly 10000-12000 width
      resolution.

      See Mark Finks post. He posted the actual templates you need.

      The ideal process is only a few steps.

      1. Open your 360 image in ptgui, run the template

      2. Retouch

      3. Open your retouch in ptgui, run the template

      4. Use your retouch as a layer

      You will of course, need to be up on layers and masks.

      The best part about using ptgui, is you can do this for any view/angle, in
      just a few seconds.

      If you spend the time to understand this process, you'll end up saving a lot
      of time, otherwise, you will always be stuck working on your files below the
      max resolution supported by the plugins.

      Depending on your installed ram and os, 9000-12000 width.

      On the other hand, if you don't wish to ever print your files, you should be
      able to safely stay in the 7000width range for web presentation.

      Sacha Griffin

      Southern Digital Solutions LLC

      http://www.southern-digital.com

      http://www.seeit360.net

      404-551-4275

      Message 32 of 32 , Sep 1, 2008
        Thomas,

        Thanks for the suggestion! I've uploaded the three files now. Hope they
        help.

        Mark
        www.nyc.360cities.net
        www.hudsonvalley.360cities.net