Re: Great place to shoot VR

  • m_c_r_a_n_e
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 30, 2008
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Andrey Ilyin" <ilyin1drey@...>
      wrote:

      > And finally, the pano during the Show:
      > http://pano360.ru/panos/circus/lion2.html
      > http://pano360.ru/panos/circus/lion3.html

      I want to see one from inside the lion's mouth :-)
      mick
    • dalileis
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 30, 2008
        Fantastic job as usual, Andrey. Always interesting, highest quality
        panos. Clean, well balanced and sharp. Big fan of your work. Keep it up!

        BTW, what are you using these days? Still D200 + Sigma 8mm F3.5 +
        Nodal Ninja 3?

        Regards,

        Dalileis

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Andrey Ilyin" <ilyin1drey@...> wrote:

        > Yesterday I was scouting in the Old Circus on Tsvetnoy boulevard:
        > http://pano360.ru/panos/circus/zirk1.html
        > http://pano360.ru/panos/circus/zirk11.html
        >
        > Plan to perform real shooting in a week, during the performance.
        >
        > It is a pity that we can't (yet) add a smell to the panos :) - it is
        > very special in the circus...

      • m_c_r_a_n_e
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 30, 2008
          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "m_c_r_a_n_e" <crane@...> wrote:

          > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Andrey Ilyin" <ilyin1drey@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > And finally, the pano during the Show:
          > > http://pano360.ru/panos/circus/lion2.html
          > > http://pano360.ru/panos/circus/lion3.html
          > >
          > I want to see one from inside the lion's mouth :-)
          with the trainer about to put his head in there .

        • Andrey Ilyin
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 30, 2008
            Something like this, but closer to the center: http://pano360.ru/
            panos/circus/lion4.html ;)

            The beasts are too sensitive, unfortunately...
            I was discussing with the trainer small adjustments in the show which
            would let me make more 'interesting' pano, and he agreed, but the
            logic of the show didn't let him to follow these modifications.

            If only I had a robotized panoramic camera!

            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 30, 2008
              Thank you, Dalileis!

              My setup is slightly upgraded - D300 and NN5 Pro, and yes, Sigma for
              situations when I need shoot fast.

              Hope there will be a lot of panos from the circus - I like people
              working in te circus, the athmosphere... circus as the art, so unfit
              for ours pragmatic time.

              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "dalileis" <dalileis@...> wrote:

              > Fantastic job as usual, Andrey. Always interesting, highest quality
              > panos. Clean, well balanced and sharp. Big fan of your work. Keep
              it up!

              > BTW, what are you using these days? Still D200 + Sigma 8mm F3.5 +
              > Nodal Ninja 3?
              >
              > Regards,
              >
              > Dalileis
              >

              > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Andrey Ilyin" <ilyin1drey@>
              wrote:

              > > Yesterday I was scouting in the Old Circus on Tsvetnoy boulevard:
              > > http://pano360.ru/panos/circus/zirk1.html
              > > http://pano360.ru/panos/circus/zirk11.html
              > >
              > > Plan to perform real shooting in a week, during the performance.
              > >
              > > It is a pity that we can't (yet) add a smell to the panos :) - it
              is
              > > very special in the circus...

            • John Riley
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 30, 2008
                The lion2 pano made me laugh because it looks like the lions are
                staring at you just like all of those people we get in panos: "What
                the heck is HE doing?" should be in a thought-bubble above their head.

                Next time, we want one from INSIDE the ring, ok? Very nice pano in
                what must have been challenging lighting.

                John

                John Riley
                johnriley@...
                jriley@...

                On Aug 30, 2008, at 1:45 PM, Andrey Ilyin wrote:

                > And finally, the pano during the Show:
                > http://pano360.ru/panos/circus/lion2.html
                > http://pano360.ru/panos/circus/lion3.html

              • Uri Cogan
                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 30, 2008
                  John Riley wrote:

                  > The lion2 pano made me laugh because it looks like the lions are
                  > staring at you just like all of those people we get in panos: "What
                  > the heck is HE doing?" should be in a thought-bubble above their head.
                  >
                  > Next time, we want one from INSIDE the ring, ok? Very nice pano in
                  > what must have been challenging lighting.

                  This is really off-topic, but I could not laugh. The (excellent)
                  panorama of these lions in the circus cage made me very sad - not just
                  for their sake, for they may be treated kindly by their handlers, but
                  for the abysmal quality of our civilization's relationship with the rest
                  of nature.

                  It's so easy to divorce from the subject of the photo. When I was a
                  photo-journalist I took some photos at an traffic accident scene where a
                  young girl was killed. I was asked how I handled it, and replied "1/250
                  sec. at f11, and I made sure there was some red in the foreground", and
                  then I went off, feeling totally disgusted with myself.

                  Uri
                  http://www.uricogan.com

                • AYRTON
                  Message 8 of 13 , Aug 30, 2008
                    On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 12:55 AM, Uri Cogan <uri@...> wrote:

                    > This is really off-topic, but I could not laugh. The (excellent)
                    > panorama of these lions in the circus cage made me very sad - not just
                    > for their sake, for they may be treated kindly by their handlers, but
                    > for the abysmal quality of our civilization's relationship with the rest
                    > of nature.
                    >
                    > It's so easy to divorce from the subject of the photo. When I was a
                    > photo-journalist I took some photos at an traffic accident scene where a
                    > young girl was killed. I was asked how I handled it, and replied "1/250
                    > sec. at f11, and I made sure there was some red in the foreground", and
                    > then I went off, feeling totally disgusted with myself.

                    You're completely right Uri
                    I feel the same and I did the same kind of shot when I was working in
                    newspapers
                    I remeber shooting car accidents and never feeling anything besides th
                    f-stop and the speed of the film
                    It's a reall strange "thing" that move us photographers to just shoot what
                    is in front of our eyes

                    best
                    AYRTON

                    > Uri
                    > http://www.uricogan.com

                    ------------
                    | A Y R |
                    | T O N |
                    ------------

                    + 55 21 9982 6313

                    http://ayrton360.com
                    http://rio.360cities.net
                    http://vrfolio.com
                    http://ayrton.com

                  • Keith Martin
                    Message 9 of 13 , Aug 31, 2008
                      Sometime around 31/8/08 (at 01:02 -0300) AYRTON said:

                      >It's a reall strange "thing" that move us photographers to just shoot what
                      >is in front of our eyes

                      It is a form of emotional and psychological self-preservation, so
                      don't be too hard on yourself. Just stay aware of it.