Re: Nadir/Zenith patching workflow

  • Hans Nyberg
    Message 1 of 32 , Aug 30, 2008
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Milko K. Amorth" <panotools@...> wrote:

      > > There are also some very nice and easy to use PS-filtres from Rune Spaans:
      > >
      > Yes, right. Love this one. Although limited to nadir and zenith and
      > pixel dimentions.
      > Spherical patching needs to be overall easy to apply. No just the
      > meridians "traditional".
      > You really want to be able to extract any view of the sphere of interest
      > and insert it manipulated to your liking
      > with the least effort.
      > Think about replacing the poster on the wall or the tv/movie screen or
      > even a face, for that matter.
      > Nothing easier than browse the sphere in a rectlinear view, extract the
      > view and do what you want to do with it and reinsert it.
      > Thomas is really paying tribute to genius Dersch...in a big way, if you
      > ask me.

      I really do not get it.

      What Pano2VR now offers has been so easy to do with Panotools Plugin for the last 10
      years.

      It takes a couple of minutes to learn how to apply the coordinates for the extracted view
      but when you done that a couple of times you can do it very fast and easy to any view of
      the panorama.
      And you work all the time in Photoshop which is to me a large advantage.

      Panotools remembers your settings so if you just use the same panorama size it is just a 2
      times click to extract and insert the nadir.

      Hans
    • Mark D. Fink
      Message 32 of 32 , Sep 1, 2008
        Thomas,

        Thanks for the suggestion! I've uploaded the three files now. Hope they
        help.

        Mark
        www.nyc.360cities.net
        www.hudsonvalley.360cities.net