PanoSalado updates (the open source flash panorama viewer)

  • Patrick Cheatham
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 28, 2008
      Hi there!

      Just wanted to give everyone a quick update on PanoSalado, the open source 360° Flash
      panorama player/viewer...

      PanoSalado is proving fairly popular, considering there were > 700 downloads in less than
      a month. Nice! Download counts
      now top 809, and we're up to revision 93...

      Zephyr's hard work on modifying some of the core Papervision code, for more efficient
      bitmap management/display, has
      seen fruition in PanoSalado. Zephyr submitted the modifications to the Papervision folks,
      and they've included the changes
      in their source repository. This means that any of the Papervision based players out there
      will have a piece of PanoSalado in
      them... :-)

      Taking Erik Krause's lead (among others, but we tweaked Erik's code), PanoSalado now
      supports QTVR mov files! We
      modded Erik's script to allow for QTVR with any tiling scheme, and also to account for the
      initial pan/tilt/zoom settings
      from the QTVR. Included is support for the native QTVR preview, if there is one. The latest
      parser PHP file is included in
      PanoSalado's source & example downloads.

      PanoSalado now has full support for cylindrical VR images, and will automatically
      determine the FOV for you. Users can also
      manually set the min/max tilt limits. So, currently PanoSalado supports sets of cube faces,
      equirectangular (spherical)
      images, cylindrical images, and cubic QTVR.

      More things to come will include the ability to include interactive SWFs as hotspots (or
      video, or...), and hopefully some
      better documentation. ;-)

      Cheers!

      Patrick

      PanoSalado Blog:
      http://flashpanos.com/blog/79

      PanoSalado Example:
      http://flashpanos.com/flashpanos_files/Papervision/PanoSalado/trunk/examples/200808
      28_rev93/index.html

      PanoSalado Downloads:
      http://code.google.com/p/panosalado/
    • eli20sf
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 28, 2008
        Hi Patrick,

        Will you offer workshops at somepoint? I'm in the Bay Area as well,
        and if you had a seminar/workshop - I'd do what I can to muster up the
        cash so I could have a day of learning from an expert like yourself.

        So I guess - I'm just sharing ... I'd love it if you had such an
        event :)

        Take care,

        Eli Poblitz
      • AYRTON
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 28, 2008
          Patrickas always Good News coming from you

          THANKS for your help to panographers all around the world
          and to Zephir too.

          best
          AYRTON

          ------------
          | A Y R |
          | T O N |
          ------------

          + 55 21 9982 6313

          http://ayrton360.com
          http://rio.360cities.net
          http://vrfolio.com
          http://ayrton.com

        • Patrick Cheatham
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 28, 2008
            > Patrickas always Good News coming from you
            >
            > THANKS for your help to panographers all around the world
            > and to Zephir too.
            >
            > best
            > AYRTON

            Thanks Ayrton! I'll let Zephyr know too. :)

            Cheers,

            Patrick
          • Patrick Cheatham
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 28, 2008
              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "eli20sf" <epoblitz@...> wrote:

              > Hi Patrick,
              >
              > Will you offer workshops at somepoint? I'm in the Bay Area as well,
              > and if you had a seminar/workshop - I'd do what I can to muster up the
              > cash so I could have a day of learning from an expert like yourself.
              >
              > So I guess - I'm just sharing ... I'd love it if you had such an
              > event :)
              >
              > Take care,
              >
              > Eli Poblitz

              Hi Eli:

              There's been some discussion about doing a workshop or 2-3 day intensive... Maybe later
              in the fall!

              Thanks for the vote of confidence ;),

              Patrick
            • eli20sf
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 28, 2008
                What do you think the registration cost will be ;)

                --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Cheatham" <patrick@...>
                wrote:

                > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "eli20sf" <epoblitz@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hi Patrick,
                > >
                > > Will you offer workshops at somepoint? I'm in the Bay Area as well,
                > > and if you had a seminar/workshop - I'd do what I can to muster up
                the
                > > cash so I could have a day of learning from an expert like yourself.
                > >
                > > So I guess - I'm just sharing ... I'd love it if you had such an
                > > event :)
                > >
                > > Take care,
                > >
                > > Eli Poblitz
                >
                > Hi Eli:
                >
                > There's been some discussion about doing a workshop or 2-3 day
                intensive... Maybe later
                > in the fall!
                >
                > Thanks for the vote of confidence ;),
                >
                > Patrick

              • Yiorgos Teo
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 1, 2008
                  wrote:

                  > PanoSalado is proving fairly popular, considering there were > 700
                  downloads in less than
                  > a month. Nice! Download counts
                  > now top 809, and we're up to revision 93...

                  Nice! There would be a lot more downloads, testers & feedback if there
                  were some easily accessible binaries to download.

                  Regards,

                  Yiorgos
                • Patrick Cheatham
                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 1, 2008
                    --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Yiorgos Teo" <bravojeffe@...> wrote:

                    > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Cheatham" <patrick@>
                    > wrote:
                    > >

                    > > PanoSalado is proving fairly popular, considering there were > 700
                    > downloads in less than
                    > > a month. Nice! Download counts
                    > > now top 809, and we're up to revision 93...
                    > >

                    > Nice! There would be a lot more downloads, testers & feedback if there
                    > were some easily accessible binaries to download.
                    >
                    > Regards,
                    >
                    > Yiorgos

                    Hi Yiorgos:

                    I'm not sure how more directly I can link to the downloads... :-)

                    Here's the links from the post you responded to (see the bottom one):

                    PanoSalado Blog:
                    http://flashpanos.com/blog/79

                    PanoSalado Example:
                    http://flashpanos.com/flashpanos_files/Papervision/PanoSalado/trunk/examples/200\
                    808
                    28_rev93/index.html

                    PanoSalado Downloads:
                    http://code.google.com/p/panosalado/

                    Enjoy!, and
                    Cheers,

                    Patrick
                  • Robert C. Fisher
                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 1, 2008
                      I just went to the flash panos site and wow new template, looks good.

                      Maybe change the salt shaker for hot sauce bottle.

                      Cheers
                      Robert C. Fisher
                      VR Photography/Cinematography
                    • Patrick Cheatham
                      Message 10 of 10 , Sep 1, 2008
                        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Robert C. Fisher" <bob@...> wrote:

                        > I just went to the flash panos site and wow new template, looks good.
                        >
                        > Maybe change the salt shaker for hot sauce bottle.

                        Thanks Bob -- Glad to have you back at sea level. ;)

                        I know -- how about a logo contest for PanoSalado?
                        The best design wins its creator a... free copy of PanoSalado!

                        ;-)

                        Cheers,