Re: The Latests Sigma 4.5

  • Paul Fretheim
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 28, 2008
      Hans Wrote:

      > This is only correct if you have a larger resolution from the fullframe.
      >
      > That is not the case any more .
      > At least not for Nikon.
      > The D300 and the D700 has the same resolution so to get the same
      > panorama you just
      > need to shoot them with different lenses.
      > Your 50mm will on the D700 give you around 35000 pixels at 360 degrees
      > and for that
      > you need a 33mm lens on the D300.
      > With exactly the same number of images.
      What about the increased magnification of the 50 mm lens? Will it not
      bring in more detail?

      Nikkor 35 mm f/2.0 magnification = 1:4.2

      Nikkor 50 mm f/1.8 magnification = 1:6.6

      If you are capturing an image from a surface area that is 60% or so
      larger, physics would argue that smaller details could be resolved in
      the final image.

      Has it been your experience Hans, that you cannot differentiate the
      level of detail in the image between the DX capture size with the 35 mm
      and the FX capture size with the 50 mm? Of course, any differences in
      the sharpness of the two lenses would have to be factored in. Do you
      have sample images you could post?

      What body and lens combination did you use to take those beautiful
      images of the beach and bluffs on that Danish island SE of Cobenhaven?

      Thanks for your reply to my message and for the helpful tips on keeping
      images sharp when using longer exposure times. What do you think about
      using a cable release too? I have been too lazy to lock up the mirror,
      but I will follow your recommendation on that in the future.

      Paul Fretheim