RE: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Travel + Panorama + Sigma 10-20?

  • Sacha Griffin
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 25, 2008
      The problem with the 10mm on a crop camera. It's HARD to ensure you always
      have enough overlap, especially multirow in pressure situations.

      That is, if you are wanting to shoot spheres, otherwise, you're good.

      However, for spheres on a crop, you'd really be better off with the sigma
      3.5 for the hours and anxiety saved shooting and stitching.

      Or the Nikon 10.5 if you are really trying to get the quality edge.

      I wouldn't think twice about it. The difficulty factor from the sigma 8 to
      sigma 10-20 is like 4 or 5 times in stitching, retouching, and its exposure
      to mistakes.

      On the OTHER hand, a really nice sphere done from 10mm rectilinear would be
      extremely sharp and make an excellent print. But I'd still take an 8mm and
      have the option.

      Otherwise, you'll get some major post processing fatigue, and it'll be 8
      months before you finish everything. ;)

      Sacha Griffin

      Southern Digital Solutions LLC

      http://www.southern-digital.com