RE: [PanoToolsNG] A challenge to Panographers around the world

  • Mark D. Fink
    Message 1 of 85 , Sep 8, 2006
      > > On a side note, is there an established record for the largest
      > > equirectangular image? I know there are gigapixel images out there, but
      > > are
      > > they equirectangular? This one I just did last night comes in at
      > > 510,529,058
      > > total pixels.
      >

      > Well, I bid about 1.5 gigapixels (53758x26879px, 30 cols, 10 rows) in the
      > category "shot, but because of hardware limitations not stitched
      > equirectangular panoramas". Requires about 270 GB of temporary disk space.
      >

      > Best regards from Switzerland,
      >
      > Matthias Taugwalder

      Great! What lens did you use? What pano head?

      Mark
      www.pinnacle-vr.com
      www.northernlight.net
    • Bruno Postle
      Message 85 of 85 , Sep 13, 2006
        On Wed 13-Sep-2006 at 11:05 +0200, Bjørn K Nilssen wrote:

        > I will hopefully be able to have a prototype made soon too. The roof will probably not be
        > flat, but pyramid-like, and there will be an internal structure inside, including a zig-
        > zag structure to hold the roof. I don't know yet if there will be a printed ceiling. Do
        > you think it would be enough to just "perspective correct" the 4 wedge shapes from a
        > single zenith square?

        Yes, just split the square zenith image into four triangles and
        stretch them to match the shape of the triangle of your pyramid
        sides. This isn't exactly correct, but it will be near enough as
        so long as your pyramid is shallow.

        --
        Bruno